Trade in confirmed but they never paid, promotions promised never given. NIGHTMARE customer service
Dsjeff20151
Enthusiast - Level 1

So lets talk about how Verizon promised 3 promotional deals and took trade in phones....but never gave $ for the promotion or the phones....its been 5 months of calling WEEKLY. Basically wished we never switched off of SPRINT. They at least gave us what was promised. 

Let’s get into it

Oct ordered two Samsungs (promo get two for $200). And 4 Iphone 12s (promo $100 to switch and $150 if you got the new iPhones). We got the Samsung but they somehow messed up up the number transfer and gave the two phones brand new numbers. They told us there was nothing they could do and we had to wait a month to get our original numbers back. Also the promo wasn’t on the bill.....should have seen that as a sign. After a month our IPhones came in. After we activated them we called to switch the number of the Samsung’s. BUT when they did this they didn’t “merge” the accounts they put the Samsungs on one account and the iphones on another....under the same name. meaning we would need to pay for a 2 line ($65 monthly) and a 4 line ($55 monthly) even though we had six phones and it was their fault. After calling many times! They finally gave us the money back and said we had to wait another month to merge the accounts. Meanwhile we sent in our IPhone XR’s for trade in. Eventually we got emails confirming our trade in values (Full $550 for each phone).

After dealing with that headache we decided to work on the samsung promos. We called every month, the person always said its all good should see it in the next bill....NOPE! 

We also called about not getting the switch offer promo ($150 per line) or the getting the new iPhones ($100 per line) promo. After being on hold for over 2 HOURS each time. Got the same “you should see it next month excuse”

In Jan one of the iPhones had the trade in and one of the Samsung’s had the promo. So we called about getting the rest....you can see where this is going. Yet another 2 hours on hold and we get the “We fixed it you should see it on your next bill”.

Welp in the next bill they TOOK AWAY the one iPhone trade in and samsung promo we did have!!!! 

Now its 5 months later and still no trade in or promo money. 

DO NOT GET VERIZON! They do not honor their promotions. And you can have email confirmations for trade ins, but they still do not give you the money. They basically STOLE OUR IPHONES.

Also the customer service is a whole mess. After being on hold for hours you pray and hope you get someone helpful. A lot of people just said they had to go talk with their manager and then we’d be on hold for an hour.....like okay they left. We also got people who didn’t feel like being bothered and would just transfer the line over. Once we called and I was working on the issues but since its under my husbands name she said I needed my husband I told her I’d go over to him and she said “that wasn’t allowed” I explained “he’s right here” then she switched us over to the fraud department. Yep

If only I could turn back time!!!

But hoping this message can save some people out there. I’ll be letting everyone I know for the rest of my life. NEVER VERIZON!!!

Re: Trade in confirmed but they never paid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dsjeff20151, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We never like to read that this the kind of experience that one has had since switching to Verizon Wireless. We do expect our customers to have nothing but world-class service and experience when reaching out. I'm sorry for the 5 months that this has taken. We want to make sure that we get the chance to turn things around. I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply to that Note for further review.  -KevinR_VZW 

0 Likes
SMFreeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, I just googled "verizon stole my phones" and came across your post. I am going through the same thing. My husband and I traded in our phones from Sprint (how funny... we came from the same company as you) and were supposed to get a $500 credit for each phone, then we also paid the difference in cost to pay the phones off so we would own our phones free and clear (trade in + pay remaining balance up front). 

Instead, we were told we OWE $500 per phone and that there was no record of us trading in the phones. So basically they stole our phones and just want us to prove it. 

This is so ridiculous... and it's even crazier to see its a normal business practice since it is happening to other people!

0 Likes
Rll816
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told trade in was $400 dollars and got nothing and they got my iPhone 8. Trying to work with customer service is a joke and lost cause. The persons at customer service have no control and no authority to do anything so you never can have contact with a person that could resolve the problem if they wanted. So they stole my phone and I can’t get the issue resolved. I am thinking I just need to file a police report. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Rll816! Help has arrived. We want to make sure that you're getting the support that you need for the trade-in issue that you are facing right now. My goal is to assist. So we can get more details. I will be sending you a Private Note. Please respond to that message. Thank you. 

-Kevin

0 Likes
zoeybones

I had almost the exact same scenario happen to me!!  Only, I can do you one better.  They claimed my perfectly fine, paid off Samsung Galaxy Note 10 + was a different phone when received.  Not even a phone. A tablet 2!  Which I have never owned and I am quite sure would not fit in the custom box they sent me to send it to them to steal.  I turned in an Iphone, which they them which they said they received months ago, without credit.  When you try dealing with their customer service. You start from scratch and get nowhere.  We were with Sprint as well and purchased plans from Costco.  My husband's phone was supposed to be free without trade in, as we're mine and my daughter's with trade ins. So, they stole our phones to resell.  They claimed it was Costco's mistake!!  And, I turned in all paperwork to have my final bill paid.  They are now saying they cannot pay because it doesn't show my phones being paid off.  Why does that matter if I gave you free phones and I have received NO credit whatsoever?  And, I provided them my nursing license when I created the account for a supposed discount that I have never received.  Every single promotion that was promised has been ignored AND they stole two phones.  File a claim with the BBB and the FCC.  And, I switched to them in October too, BTW!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying the make and model of the devices. I would be more than happy to take a look to see how we can help resolve the trade-in promotion. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist.

*Gert

0 Likes