Verizon allowing spam texts from obvious bad emails
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

So how many of you got a spam text from xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com, with the x's being the first 10 digits of your cell phone number, last night?

It says it's from Bank of America and to call 575-904-7333.

A few months ago I got one from 999-999-9999 and another time I got a text spam from "9".

Obviously Verizon could easily stop these types of spam text but either 1. Verizon is making money on them. 2. It's an inside job 3. both 1 and 2.

C'mon Verizon. Is your system really that stupid? I doubt it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon allowing spam texts from obvious bad emails
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also go into your MyVerizon account online and block all text messages from the Web to prevent the majority of those types of messages from ever reaching your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need to be able to get message from my vtext address. This is not the problem: it's that Verizon allows it and they could stop it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then forward the message to 7726 (SPAM) and follow the instructions in the reply.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did it when I received it. Never received any instructions back though, about forwarding it, like I usually do.

0 Likes