Verizon cell phones cannot call me - "not a working number"
webmasterjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not and have never been a Verizon customer.

Most people I know are V customers.

I recently changed carriers, and now all V people who try to call me get a message that my number is not a working number.

However, AT&T can call, land lines can call, Net10 (TMobile) can call, Google Voice (VOIP) can call.

Verizon people can text me.  I can call them.  But they cannot call me.  I have tried 7 different people from 3 different states.

I ported the number about a week ago, and yet this problem persists.

This is crazy.  Previous provider and new provider are not Verizon, but issue is specific to Verizon.  Not sure how to fix this.

Help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon cell phones cannot call me - "not a working number"
webmasterjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLUTION

I have a solution for anyone else having this issue.

Well, even though this was obviously a problem in the system of this carrier, they would do nothing to help or even look into it.  In case anyone else gets this issue, have your carrier rebroadcast the new ownership of the ported number.  You may have to weed through a couple of levels of support people who do not deserve the title to get this done, but they can do it.  Then perhaps this carrier will get their records updated properly.  Too bad the owner of this site is completely unwilling to assist in fixing the issue even though it was on their end since they were the only one who did not process the broadcast the first time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
webmasterjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLUTION

I have a solution for anyone else having this issue.

Well, even though this was obviously a problem in the system of this carrier, they would do nothing to help or even look into it.  In case anyone else gets this issue, have your carrier rebroadcast the new ownership of the ported number.  You may have to weed through a couple of levels of support people who do not deserve the title to get this done, but they can do it.  Then perhaps this carrier will get their records updated properly.  Too bad the owner of this site is completely unwilling to assist in fixing the issue even though it was on their end since they were the only one who did not process the broadcast the first time.

0 Likes
cevaoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

For nearly a month I have been unable to call AT&T numbers with an 859 area code. I either get an instant disconnect as if the called person instantly hangs up or I get a message "all circuits are busy.." I have spent hours and hours of time over the past month trying to resolve this. I have had the same number and continuous service with Verizon and its priors for more than 30 years. I have been through "Tier 1", Tier 2" ... help answering the same questions over and over-reset this and that, call without a 1 on the front of the number, don't dial with area code... I then have been told the problem is with AT&T and I should call their service folks so that AT&T can resolve the issue with my Verizon phone! I am paying over $300/month for 4 lines, 3 which work correctly with any number.  So AT&T says it is a Verizon issue and Verizon says it is an AT&T issue. I am thinking of trying to move my numbers to a more competent carrier (Sprint, T-Mobile etc) but I am afraid the number may not work with them either. Anyone else experienced this problem or level of incompetence? I appreciate any help since Verizon has been totally useless.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes