Verizon competition for Sprint's iPhone marketing plan?
CB2L
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone seen anything a Verizon plan that looks like it comes anywhere close to Sprint's "iPhone for life" + Simply Unlimited Plan?

Granted, "iPhone for Life" is basically the same thing as Verizon's "Edge" leasing option, but the ability to combine it with a $50 Unlimited Talk/Text/Data plan is pretty attractive. 

I just re-upped with Verizon back in back in April, and picked up the HTC One M8.  I like the phone, and I prefer Verizon's network (I'm military, and move around a bit).  But I cracked my phone's screen for the first time EVER a few days ago, and I'm about a week and a half outside of the 6-month time frame for HTC's Advantage one-time free screen replacement.  So I'm looking at a $200 repair and I'm thinking, why not just switch to Sprint on the iPhone for Life and Simply Unlimited plan, avoid that $200 cost, get a brand-new phone, and actually end up paying less per month ($70/month for Sprint iPhone vs. $75/month currently with Verizon) for a service plan that includes unlimited data? Especially when Sprint will cover ETFs?

The Verizon network is better, but unlimited data, a new phone, and not paying for a $200 screen repair combine to make a pretty hefty carrot.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon competition for Sprint's iPhone marketing plan?
rcschnoor
Legend

Until you can't use the phone in an area you need to use it.

Regardless, you should go with the provider which best suits your needs.

CB2L
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ugh, also, to anyone who reads this post - please ignore the grammar/diction mistake in the first sentence.  I absolutely hate that I did that.  I judge people for their grammar and spelling Smiley Happy  Karma...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I would say that is a non problem.

Many famous people and inventors had terrible spelling and grammar. Their accomplishments speak for them.

Judge not lest thee be judged!

0 Likes
CB2L
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Until you can't use the phone in an area you need to use it."

What, like, with the cracked screen?  No way, I can't be one of those people...I judge them.  Apparently I'm very judge-y.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I believe RC meant use your service on Sprint. Not the damaged device on Sprint.

It is great to have a new device if it has service when and where its needed.

The best looking phone in the world is useless unless you have coverage.

Good Luck on Sprint.

0 Likes
CB2L
Enthusiast - Level 2

"The best looking phone in the world is useless unless you have coverage."

Agree, wholeheartedly.  And for the record, I don't think the iPhone 6 looks better than the M8.  Although I do like the smaller size a bit.  I feel like a 4.5-4.7 inch screen is perfect for phone-sizing.  Like my old verizon HTC Rezound, which I absolutely loved.