Verizon coverage has seriously degraded in San Diego
Ssnerdle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have lost almost all connection with verizon.  Lived in same area 20 years and coverage has dropped to 1x, 1bar or none the last month (always had 3 bars or higher)

Refund for consistant reduction in coverage is needed

Re: Verizon coverage has seriously degraded in San Diego
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Could this be related to https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Verizon-not-protecting-american-c... where a Mexican wireless company is now using the same frequencies as VZW?  Sounds like it.  I would think the company is scrambling to see how it can address it and help customers out.  Appears the media is following it.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jav6 wrote:

Could this be related to https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Verizon-not-protecting-american-c... where a Mexican wireless company is now using the same frequencies as VZW?  Sounds like it.  I would think the company is scrambling to see how it can address it and help customers out.  Appears the media is following it.

The OP of this thread wrote the thread you linked in your post. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, jav6! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your data connection. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? When did this issue start? What services are being impacted? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Hello there, jav6! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your data connection. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? When did this issue start? What services are being impacted? 

RachelM_VZW

I'm not sure if jav6 is the one with the issue. It was @Ssnerdle who started this thread. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sdok1

just today I had my call dropped 4 times in 5 minutes. This has been going on for the last 2 months or so. Terrible coverage. what is Verizon doing to mitigate this problem. I am seriously considering switching the carriers, this is not acceptable

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the type of experience we want you to have with your service. Having reliable service is a must nowadays. To be on the same page, tell us more. Besides phone calls, what other service issues are you experiencing? Are you aware if there are other Verizon customers in the area having similar service issues?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
sdok1

I think this is a known problem by now in San Diego area. 

Weak reception and dropped calls. Basically we can not use our phones - it is random!

If this problem is not solved I will do two things: (1) Report this to BBB (2) Switch my carrier

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What if you use a tool like Network Cell Info Lite to look at signal strength and where it is coming from?  If the issue is related to the Mexican cell phone company use of the same band, I doubt if reporting to BBB will have much impact.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
theLemish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting very bad reception at my house in area code 92115 last month or so... I will have to leave Verizon if it continues. Do you have any explanation? It was good before.

0 Likes