Verizon coverage map not correct
dkeener08
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a large area in the 65633 zip code that has very poor/ no service. The area is just east of the town Crane. According to the Verizon coverage map this area should have great coverage. Which is a lie. This area has never had coverage. I'm lucky to even get one bar. I've never seen 3G or 4G coverage around this area. Is there a way to request this area to be drive tested?

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon coverage map not correct
dkeener08
Enthusiast - Level 2

No help??? Well this link pretty much explains it. We the consumers are being lied to with verizon's misleading 4G coverage.

http://wirelessestimator.com/articles/2018/coalition-charges-grossly-overstated-verizon-coverage-hin...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to look for the best coverage. Some coverage areas include networks run by other carriers. The coverage depicted is based on their information, and public sources; we cannot ensure its accuracy 100%. We always want to take your feedback, and we can look at options to help you get better service. What kind of phone do you have? Are all services affected when in these areas? Are multiple devices affected?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dkeener08
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes multiple devices are affected. It is a dead zone. Always have been. To be able to access any data or talk on the phone we have to drive a bit down the road to get service.

The closest verizon cell site is approximately 5 miles away from the affected area. I know this because my company is the one that installed the site. IT NEEDS TO BE DRIVE TESTED. An azimuth change on Beta sector would likely fix the issue.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

No such thing as a perfect coverage map. Also coverage maps do not take into account indoor coverage there is no way to have a coverage map for that. Also it can not take into account trees, buildings etc that can block or deflect signals. Nor can a coverage map take into account potential sources of interference.

0 Likes
dkeener08
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you captain obvious. Im talking about a large area here. Not just inside a house.

NEAFLA8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, I am barely able to use a 3G signal in several urban areas around Chapel Hill and Durham, NC where the Verizon Coverage map shows full coverage. This is causing safety issues for me and my familiy during Hurricane Florence!  My entire family has experienced the same ongoing issues for years and Verizon shows no interest in fixing the problem.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

NEAFLA8 wrote:

I agree, I am barely able to use a 3G signal in several urban areas around Chapel Hill and Durham, NC where the Verizon Coverage map shows full coverage. This is causing safety issues for me and my familiy during Hurricane Florence! My entire family has experienced the same ongoing issues for years and Verizon shows no interest in fixing the problem.

Why haven't you switched carriers then? yes I'm sure Verizon hates money and doesn't want any of yours. This is your assumption?

0 Likes
NEAFLA8
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, the assumption is Verizon could do better.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

NEAFLA8 wrote:

No, the assumption is Verizon could do better.

Switch carreirs

0 Likes