Verizon does not accept any form of payment
Margaret15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying for 3 days to upgrade multiple lines on my account. Each time I go through the complete process and then the Verizon system will not accept my credit card payment. I have already tried:

1) clearing cache and using an incognito browser

2) "waiting a few hours" and trying again (advice from a rep on 11/24)

3) going through a rep via online chat and having them send me a payment link (11/25) - was not accepted

4) calling credit card company and verifying: AmEx is approving the payment attempts, but Verizon's system will not process them.

5) an alternate credit card, also does not process.

I would like to make a purchase. I do not want to be charged a service fee for doing this in a store, just because the online system doesn't work. Please advise. 

Re: Verizon does not accept any form of payment
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Margaret15, we want to ensure you can complete your purchase as needed. Can you please advise of the message you're receiving when attempting your purchase with any credit card? The service fee for upgrading online via our website, with a rep by phone/chat and in-store with a rep is now the same but if the issue is occurring with our website and with our CS reps, it would likely occur in store as well. As a result, we'd need to know the exact message being received in case there's an account restriction we need to have our IT team look into for your account.

-Ebony

0 Likes
dgr581
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem, wondering if a solution was found

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dgr581,

We want to make sure you can get your order through without issue. I know that's a big deal. We're always glad to help. What does the site say when it attempts to put that payment through? -Andrew

0 Likes
Meeshi5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue. The message I get says that Verizon cannot accept my form of payment at this time. Or when I work with a rep and they send me a link to pay, the message says payment failed. All of my banks say they see that they release the funds and the issue is with Verizon. I’ve also tried multiple forms of payment. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meeshi5, having the option to make my payment is crucial. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me what forms of payment have been used? Also, confirm for me what happens when you attempt to pay by dialing #PMY from your phone?

-Rodney

0 Likes
Meeshi5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Rodney 

I do not have an issue paying my bill, oddly enough. The issue is paying for my new phone when upgrading my line. I have tried a visa credit card, visa debit card, my bank account that’s connected to my account and my American Express card. All give me a failure. I have gone through the chat several times where they send me a secure link, the message I get on those is just “payment failed” 

below is the image of my most recent attempt. My bank and credit card banks have confirmed to me that this is an issue with Verizon. They do not have a fraud alert, there are plenty of available funds. When they look at the charge, they see that they authorize Verizon to take the money and Verizon is bouncing it back .

I am trying to purchase a new phone/upgrade my line. There is obviously some kind of glitch happening here  

152FFDB9-2D87-4B18-8B98-1EFF2EFAF09A.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meeshi, the screenshot you provided is appreciated. That is strange it not allow you to pay off your device to upgrade. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please share with me have you attempted to upgrade in-store?

-Rodney

0 Likes
Meeshi5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not gone in store. I worry that I’d have the same issue. Since I can pay my monthly bill just fine. But the online store in the app is rejecting my payment attempts. I believe a read through another thread in this community where they said it was a glitch with the account and needed IT intervention as that users would have have the same problem in store. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringging this issues to our attention. To better assist you, tell us. Are you using the mobile app or your desktop to make your payment?

~Maria

0 Likes