Re: Verizon doesn't care about their customers any longer.
VeryDisapointed

I too, have had bad experiences with Verizon.  I have been loyal Verizon customer over 15 years.

I bought and installed Home Phone Connect from Verizon.  Phone reception was not clear at all. I talked to the store and Called Verizon Support.  In all cases they said phone would be much clearer.  It was not.  About first of Nov. I found another service, Internet Telephone Provider that seems much better.  I have only used it a few days and reception is very clear.  ITP apparently had my Home Phone Connect cancelled.  I was not aware until I went online.  I did not remember signing a 2 year contract for Home phone. Now since it has been cancelled Verizon is billing me $162.00 for cancellation fee.  I do not question that they are legally entitled to this fee?  The point is many companies can and will make adjustments for bad service or merchandise.  HP refunded $99.00 for bad tech support. Adobe provided $25.00 in services.   Verizon is one of few companies that will not consider any kind of adjustments?  

Verizon phone service is good.  Verizon Customer Relations is terrible.  The staff says they are sympathetic to my problems but their hands are tied to help in any way.   Their only solution is that I reconnect Home Phone Connect so I do not have to pay the disconnect fees.  It would be foolish to use their service when others are far superior and cheaper.

At this point I am looking for different phone service and will pay Verizon the $290.00 they want to cancel my cell phone service plus the $162.00 for Home Phone Connect.  Do not want to deal with them anymore.  I feel this will suite them fine as they have the money without providing any service at all?? 

In case anyone is interested the five members of Board of Directors receive from 1.42 Million to 5.08 million in salaries as if 12/31/2013.  Little wonder they are not concerned with public relations and customer service.

As of June 20, 2013, it served 98.9 million retail customers. The company was formerly known as Bell Atlantic Corporation and changed its name to Verizon Communications Inc. in June 2000. Verizon Communications Inc. was founded in 1983

Pay as of 12/31/2012
Chairman 5.08 Million
CFO          1.53M
EVP           1.42M
EVP           1.48M
EVP           1.81M
Verydisappointed

0 Likes
Toast67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just jumped ship to T-Mobile ... paid my early termination fees, speeds are faster, no contracts, and half the price.  They even give me the same military discount.  And, no extra for when I travel overseas for work in order to text or use data.

I used to call Verizon to have my texts blocked as not to incur texting costs, but now, that is no longer allowed. 

Been a customer of Verizon for over 15 years ... and I just tossed FIOS as well.

MaisyZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. I called today to see how much my bill would go down if I removed two phones with the intention of switching to AT&T. Customer Service didn't ask why I wanted to switch and offered to transfer the number over to AT&T. Seems to me they don't care about customer satisfaction or about retaining their customers.  As soon as my daughter's contract expires we'll be leaving Verizon after being customers for 10+ years.

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

How's that ATT working for you?  I have to disagree with you over all.  I agree that the service at the Verizon stores is always consistently poor...even horrible...no matter which store you visit, they don't know what they are doing and can be very pushy.... but I always get great customer service when I call Verizon.  They WILL  find a solution and fix a problem.  That I know.  So I only go into the Verizon store to play with the new phones, then I order them online. 

0 Likes
DannyS8548
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve noticed on this forum that when a customer is dissatisfied and voices that, others jump to defend Verizon and blame the customer. If I go on any other forum on the net and someone voices their concerns or complaints by far no one defends the carrier. 

Makes me believe this page is trolled by Verizon representatives acting as general public. 

The service provider and the services offered have fallen far from what they used to be. I’ve actually been with Verizon since they bought out Alltel. And just recently have been considering dropping Verizon and weighing my options with other carriers. I tend to agree that Verizon doesn’t seem to care about the customer any longer. 

0 Likes