Verizon edge and insurance claim problem.
gwelch31

I damaged my galaxy s5 and I had/have insurance through asurion.  I went into best buy and asked the rep there to claim the phone with insurance and go ahead and upgrade with verizon edge.  the s6 was activated before i claimed the s5 and now my account only shows the s6.  The early edge will be expecting a working s5 sent in but I cant claim insurance on it if my s6 is the phone activated. what should i do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon edge and insurance claim problem.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gwelch31-

I certainly understand your concern and I am sorry to hear your old phone was damaged. The Edge agreement requires for you to return your previous phone in good working condition, this must also match the MEID of that previous phone. If you are within the first 14 days, I would suggest to return the new phone to avoid being charged on your old device. Once this is completed, you can claim through the insurance company and then try the Edge program.  This is my best recommendation just to be sure you follow the Edge guideline as I would hate for you to pay a non return fee.

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gwelch31-

I certainly understand your concern and I am sorry to hear your old phone was damaged. The Edge agreement requires for you to return your previous phone in good working condition, this must also match the MEID of that previous phone. If you are within the first 14 days, I would suggest to return the new phone to avoid being charged on your old device. Once this is completed, you can claim through the insurance company and then try the Edge program.  This is my best recommendation just to be sure you follow the Edge guideline as I would hate for you to pay a non return fee.

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

gwelch31

I had a feeling this was the correct route of action. Luckily I am within the 14 days of purchase. Thank you for the help!

0 Likes