Verizon employee texting me with her private number. Worried about my privacy.
rtkwon

Had a bizarre interaction with a customer service employee. Can't recall her name - wish I remembered.

The backstory: Spent an hour waiting on hold only to be disconnected in the middle of the conversation. The long wait alone had me annoyed, but once I was disconnected and didn't receive a call back, that really upset me. So I call again and get this woman, who laughs at me after I explain my situation. I'm not happy with that, so I ask to speak with another person. She refuses to transfer, I hang up, she calls back, I hang up again... and now she's texting me and cussing me out... what the heck?!

I reversed looked up her number and it's a mobile number from Charlotte. Seems to be her personal phone number. This is very creepy, and frankly, I'm worried about my privacy.

Who can I contact to file a complaint against this employee? All I have is her phone number, but hopefully that's enough to identify her. Being rude is one thing, but contacting me off the system without my permission... that's intrusive and over the line.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon employee texting me with her private number. Worried about my privacy.
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

If they're smart, it would be something like a Google Voice number or any other number unknown to employer. If she's dumb, centers have their employees numbers on file.

Chance of being caught is low. She might not even be employed by Verizon directly. Personal number or not, it's not going to be detected by Verizon systems as calling you. Best thing to do is block the number.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon employee texting me with her private number. Worried about my privacy.
KH-cathy29811

Hi rtkwon,

Your issue has been escalated. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu.

0 Likes