Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon essentially stole my trade in
slinko

I requested a trade in when I bought my new phone in September 2021.  I was told they would send a box and the new phone in the mail since it was a pre-order.  I was told I would get an $800 credit for my phone.  We discussed my plan with verizon always pushing the unlimited but I don't need unlimited and was happy with my plan.  the rep in the store said okay no problem.  they didn't process the trade in so I took my phone to the store where they looked up my account and took the phone.  They never mentioned that the trade in only works if you upgrade your plan.  It is now January and I had this big promotion chargeback on my account.  I called and they told me oh since you didn't upgrade your plan we are taking the credit back for your buyback phone.  So now they are trying to force me into a $175 / month bill so that I can get my buyback credit.  I've been on the phone with them for two hours and was supposedly transferred to a manager who is refusing to pick up and just leaving me on hold.  I don't understand how all of this isn't illegal.  they can't just decide to take my phone and not pay me for it.  they won't even put me on the lowest unlimited plan but instead pushing the next tier up.  I need some advice on what to do.  At this point after 15 years being with verizon I want them to give me my old phone back, I'll buy out my current phone and find another carrier!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon essentially stole my trade in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely understand the importance of getting your promotion, and we can certainly look into what options are available in order to receive it. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist. *Gert

0 Likes