Verizon essentially stole my trade in
slinko
Enthusiast - Level 1

I requested a trade in when I bought my new phone in September 2021.  I was told they would send a box and the new phone in the mail since it was a pre-order.  I was told I would get an $800 credit for my phone.  We discussed my plan with verizon always pushing the unlimited but I don't need unlimited and was happy with my plan.  the rep in the store said okay no problem.  they didn't process the trade in so I took my phone to the store where they looked up my account and took the phone.  They never mentioned that the trade in only works if you upgrade your plan.  It is now January and I had this big promotion chargeback on my account.  I called and they told me oh since you didn't upgrade your plan we are taking the credit back for your buyback phone.  So now they are trying to force me into a $175 / month bill so that I can get my buyback credit.  I've been on the phone with them for two hours and was supposedly transferred to a manager who is refusing to pick up and just leaving me on hold.  I don't understand how all of this isn't illegal.  they can't just decide to take my phone and not pay me for it.  they won't even put me on the lowest unlimited plan but instead pushing the next tier up.  I need some advice on what to do.  At this point after 15 years being with verizon I want them to give me my old phone back, I'll buy out my current phone and find another carrier!

Re: Verizon essentially stole my trade in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of getting your promotion, and we can certainly look into what options are available in order to receive it. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist. *Gert

0 Likes
Fayness

They did the same thing to me. 8 months later they still have 3 of my phones and I don’t have nothing but a big bill. I have been with them for over 20 years great job Verizon.

0 Likes
Fayness

I traded in 3 phones and was told I would get $800 per phone. I have called them over 10 times and still haven’t resolved my issues. They have my phones now and I was told I can’t get them back. So I’m out hundreds of dollars and they don’t care. 20 years as a faithful customer ready to go to spectrum this is horrible. On a recorded line they told me I was getting $800 per phone that is not my problem. Train your employees better don’t let them give out false information.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fayness, we apologize for the experience you've had. Your loyalty means the world to us, and we want to help. When you track the status of the devices you traded in using the trade in submission ID's, you were provided, was there any information available? 

-Jacob

0 Likes
erosenberg2021

Was this ever resolved for other people who had this sort of issue? I have had a very similar problem. I was promised $400 credit per phone for 2 phones traded in. My wife was having difficulty transferring her old Samsung to the new iPhone we got her (my old phone was also an iPhone so that transition was quick). We spent a lot of time on the phone and in person with Verizon and Apple for support transferring my wife’s phone, but it still took a couple months. I called Verizon to confirm that we would still get the credit that was promised to us when we ultimately returned the phones. The customer support person on the phone promised me that I would get the credit that was promised. I also have it in writing from another customer support person. Now, 6 months after I sent in our old phones, I was told that I won’t receive the credit that was promised me because it was after 30 days from when we received the new phones. Everyone I ever spoke to told me not to worry about the 30 days and just to send in my old phones when I could, and I would get the credit. Now I have no old phones and no credit for the new phones. I would never have sent in the old phones if I was going to get nothing in exchange for them. In fact, I never would have gotten new phones in the first place because we were not in need of new phones. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erosenberg2021, this has been a long ordeal for you and we want to check into this for you. We will send you a private note for more information. 

-Nicci

0 Likes
CharCaPA
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just happened to me.  I sent in my apple watch in November.  I got no response.  I've been checking the status and it it said not received.  I called to ask about it.  First, Verizon customer service gave me a different tracking number than what I had.  Then they said my watch was not what I said it would be, but they couldn't tell me what I sent in.  Then I asked if I would get it back, and they said no, they can't send anything back. So, they won't tell me what I sent in, they gave me the wrong tracking number, and they didn't give me any credit, so Verizon stole my watch.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes