Re: Verizon gift card and Autopay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

79Meg, we would be happy to review your account and help clarify your charges! Please respond to the Private Note we are sending for assistance.

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
HighTechnology
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, my new bill posted, and here is how to do it.  It comes down to making a payment of another amount (which is a partial payment) and not a split payment (since that's two manual payments from separate sources).

Login, and go to BILL > PAYMENT OPTIONS

Choose PAY ANOTHER AMOUNT (do not choose the split payment option)

Enter the amount from the gift card you'd like to apply (leave something for autopay to cover), and click CONTINUE. 

You will get a pop-up saying you can make another payment to cover the remaining balance -- Click NOT NOW

It will ask how you want to pay -- select ADD PAYMENT METHOD, then select GIFT CARD and click ADD METHOD. 

It will then prompt you for your gift card number and will show the balance, and you should now be able to process the partial payment.

Thank you for attending my Verizon Billing Gymnastics 101 course -- if you follow all of these steps, you deserve an A+!

The systems here are so antiquated, it's beyond my comprehension.  In my (unique?) situation, I've been a customer for 3 months, and I am 0 for 3 on the autopay discount applying at all.  I used a debit card for my first autopay, and then once I got the Verizon Visa card, I switched the autopay to that card (and applied a partial gift card last month).  The system shows I'm signed up for autopay and paper-free billing with a Verizon Visa Card as the payment method, the front page of the bill says it will auto pay on the 12th of the month, yet my bill doesn't reflect the autopay discount, and the left margin promotes that I'd save $10/month per line if I signed up for autopay.  So basically part of the system knows I have autopay, but sadly the part that applies the discount doesn't...

WARNING: DO NOT CANCEL YOUR AUTOPAY, rather follow the steps above which are consistent with what the Verizon reps instructed above.  In a discussion with a very knowledgeable Verizon rep (finally got one) about the autopay issue I'm having, I asked him if I should just cancel and re-enroll in autopay, and he told me it takes Verizon 2 billing cycles for the autopay discounts to reappear if you cancel (I assume that is one cycle to de-enroll you and another to re-enroll you).  So if you cancel autopay, you may lose out on up to two months of discounts...

Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

It's been some time, curious how this worked out for everyone's giftcard payment while leaving a balance to be paid by autopay? Did it mess up your $10 monthly autopay discount? 

I will need to do this soon and this thread has been helpful. 

dicedpeas
Enthusiast - Level 1

This company is a piece of trash. They make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get the gift card in the first place, plus the offers that include a gift card are laden with exceptions that no layperson should be expected to understand.

THEN on top of all that, they make you go through heck to use the gift card without losing your discount, further cheapening the gift card you were promised in the first place.

What a joke, Verizon. Get it together, or I am done with this company as soon as I'm able to jet.

Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

For those who want to pay with giftcards...

I've done the partial giftcard payment to my monthly balance and left a few bucks as remaining balance for autopay to pick up once due date approaches. I haven't had any issues with this arrangement and autopay discount is intact. Been doing this since March 2021.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dicedpeas, we appreciate your business & we would never want to see you leave us. The last thing we want is for you to have any issues with gift cards or promotions. Allow us to help! Let's start with one issue at a time. Can you please tell me what exactly isn't work with the gift card that you have? Can you please provide specifics so we can understand the problem?  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
lisakoors
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about VERIZON tell us how to use the e-gift card with auto-pay.  I just called and talked to someone and she transferred me to an automated line to setup autopay.  Clearly she didn't listen.  

These gift cards were nice, but the execution terrible.  You need to provide a step by step way to add these to pay our bills.  There is no gift card option in "Manage your auto-pay".

When you do an incentive such as this, you need to test it, end-to-end and not leave your users/customers hanging and reaching out to each other for help.  That in itself is ridiculous.  Do your jobs!

Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@lisakoors 

You need to leave the autopay setup the way it is. Don't make changes!

Make a standalone payment to your bill using your giftcard but don't pay all of it so that there's a balance left for Autopay to process come the due date.

i.e. Balance is $155.00, pay with gift card $100.00 leaving a remaining balance of $55.00 for Autopay to pick up on designated payment date. 

1. Open Verizon app and go to "Bill" page. Mine shows a "Pay In Advance" button. Tap it.

2. Once selected, the next screen is "Select a payment method" where you choose "Add new payment method" and then select "Gift card" radio button option in the next step.

See screenshots below. You should know what to do from there. It is self explanatory. Hope this helps!

As with customer service agents, we all know those are hit and misses. Sometimes, more misses. 

Screenshot_20210614-174211_My Verizon.jpg

Screenshot_20210614-174224_My Verizon.jpg

Screenshot_20210614-174230_My Verizon.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to use your eGift Card easily, and I'm sorry to learn of any issues with it. Just click this link and scroll to #1 in the "Using your Verizon Gift Card" section: http://spr.ly/6603yOBEB;

0 Likes
licary
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have followed the step from your answer:

1. Go to your Auto Pay settings in your My Verizon account.
  2. Choose Manage, then Add Method and choose Gift Card.

However, I can't find "Auto pay settings".  I fond "manage auto pay" but when I click "Add Method" there is no choice.