Re: Verizon gift card and Autopay
GiftCardsShouldBeEasy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi @LHAD22901 ,

I have 5 lines, but only leave $20 as a remaining balance for Auto Pay for the month.

Not sure how low the number can be, though.

0 Likes
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

I pay giftcard and leave about $3 balance for AutoPay to pick it up. Did it for several months no issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please meet us in a private note.*Cecile

0 Likes
Unhappy-VZ-Cust
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZ Customer Service.. You guys just don't listen or read what your customers are complaining about. The site URL you provided does not mention that if you pay the full amount with your Gift Card and you are enrolled in Auto-Pay then you lose your auto pay discount. Just minor details.

romero89sc

@GiftCardsShouldBeEasy ,

I followed the method shared here and am also receiving this message when trying to pay with a gift card (leaving $30 of the bill to be paid by autopay), were you able to keep your autopay discount?

0 Likes
GiftCardsShouldBeEasy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi @romero89sc ,

Yes, it let me keep the AutoPay discount. Like some others have mentioned, you basically ignore it, so it's okay to hit Continue.

I keep about $10 or $20 for AutoPay to pick up just so that AutoPay actually has something to pay.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note, so we can get more details.*Melissa

0 Likes
bugselrod

IF YOU PAUSE AUTO PAY & THEN PAY WITH GIFT CARD, THEY WILL NOT TAKE AWAY DISCOUNT, I DID THIS THE 900.00 CARDS THEY GAVE ME, WORKED EVERY TIME

0 Likes
Ewb110

Did you pause then pay the full amount or did you leave some balance?

0 Likes
Joelegs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found this thread well after it was "live" and so I'm posting in case someone else is searching and looking for the same answers. First - the main answer that I'd been looking for was how little I could have remaining on my auto-pay to still get the autopay discount while paying off the rest using a gift card. I've been leaving $1.85 and things work fine. I suspect you can leave even less, but this amount fits for my scenario very well.

I will summarize the instructions that I got from other posts, just for convenience of anyone else reading this. I do this from my laptop/pc:
Login go to BILL -> Payment options
Chose "Pay another amount" - do NOT choose split playment
Enter your amount you want to pay from GC; click continue
If it asks you "do you want to make another payment" or some such, click "not now"
When it asks you how you want to pay -- select "add payment method" and then "gift card" and then "add method"

enter GC number and it will show you balance and process that payment.

Remember that you can then do it again if you need to split the payment across multiple gift cards. Just remember to leave some amount left to be paid at the end by your auto-payment method. Failure to leave the auto-payment amount will stop the auto-pay discount.