Verizon has not honored our promotional credit agreement. Bait and switch.
batnewveriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last February (2021), Verizon posted offers on our online account which we promptly took advantage of.

We have a family plan and we were offered the following:

1. When upgrading to a new iphone, my mother will get a $580 total trade-in credit on her phone, divided by 24 months.  This comes out to a credit of $24.16/month.
  2. My brother will get the same as in #1 above.
  3. I will get an $800 credit divided by 24 months, which is $33.33 per month, for adding a new line of service (a new number) when purchasing an iphone 12.

However, none of these were credited.  The $33.33, $24.16 and second $24.16 credits have never been applied to our monthly bills.  Instead, they applied the promo as a Buy One Get One (BOGO) promo, which none of us ever signed up for or accepted or even heard about.     

I request our full monthly trade-in credits as initially offered and agreed to.  Is that too much to ask?

Additional info:

1. Last summer, I attempted to call Verizon customer support, explained the situation and was never able to get connected to the right person with any authority before getting disconnected.  In total I probably spent 4-5 hours on hold.
  2. In multiple exchanges with Verizon customer service staff via the online chat, they insist that the promo applied was BOGO but I have multiple screenshots and emails showing the exact promos I signed up for.  Those screenshots and emails clearly display the $800 promotional credit for my line and the $580  credits for my mother and brother.  Verizon chat’s does not able the uploading or attachment of any documents or screenshots.  I would be happy to post these in whichever online forum or platform a Verizon representative would prefer so they can have the proof necessary to take action.  Any guidance from Verizon or others would be much appreciated. 
  3. One exchange with customer service ended up being transferred from one group to another, and then back to the original, since they have different groups that cater to different cases.  I wasted hours on one representative who wasn’t able to solve my dispute.  I disputed the promo of BOGO since I didn’t sign for that offer but for a trade in which supposed to credit an $800 for one account and $580 for the other 2 accounts. 
  4. I was left hanging during the live customer service support thru chat.  Upon their shift change, I was disconnected from the original chat agent and was prompted to start all over from the beginning with a new chat agent.
  5. I have made numerous attempts like this with their phone and chat support.

Searching this Verizon community, I am seeing a lot of similar cases wherein Verizon gives their existing customers an offer of a promotional credit to be split up over the course of several monthly bills, and then they do not honor it and apply the promotional credit.  But in this forum I am also seeing some cases where Verizon staff or vzw_customer_support follows up in this community and does the right thing for some customers.

So, vzw_customer_support could you please look into my case and tell me where I can send whatever evidence and proof you need me to share?

I would like to try to give Verizon the chance to keep our family as customers and follow through on their agreement.  So if possible, I would like to handle my dispute within this community.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: batnewveriz
batnewveriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi All,

Here is the latest update on my dispute with Verizon:

It has been two full billing cycles since my March 16 chat conversation with Rebecca from vzw_customer_support, in which she worked out all of our billing issues and assured me that all of the past credits of $24.16 times 12 months would be added to the next billing cycle for lines 1157 and 3834.  As detailed previously in numerous posts, and in the attached screenshots below.  

Please continue to warn your friends and family about this.

B83D6D65-1172-4DE2-8FB7-ECB5AFCE959E.png

6B3BD7A4-0F1E-4DCF-87E2-AC008AEA1C79.jpeg

D6FDBC12-A47D-428D-BFC2-776BBC3E53A9.png

803D03E5-B9D5-49EA-B6BF-6392B28D40FC.jpeg

BB25E954-2E3C-4757-8EC8-00975F9C361F.png

66FE5A78-44E6-4889-BDB8-550E3AF6DC6C.png

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon has not honored our promotional credit agreement. Bait and switch.
batnewveriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  Verizon rearranged some things on our billing to make, perhaps tk make it look like they are responding to our complaints here and on twitter.  However, all they have done is:

a) remove the credits applied to my mother’s line, and

b) added those credits to my line.  The net effect is zero.  Also, it appears that they removed us from paper-free billing for the past 2 months, resulting in an additional $50/month of charges.  

Time for next steps.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, batnewveriz. Please be assured that our only goal is to help you as much as possible. I understand that your promotional credit concerns have been addressed and the promotional credit is now listed for the correct line. 

You mention that you Paper Free Billing option was removed and I want to share that you can easily add that feature again if you log in at this link (http://spr.ly/6604Kk6K0) with your Verizon Wireless credentials. How does this sound?

-Antonio

0 Likes
batnewveriz
batnewveriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for responding, but please read my original posting.  There are THREE promotional credits to be applied to 3 lines.  The only action Verizon has taken is to MOVE the one promotional credit that was applied from one line (my mother's) to another line (my line).  

The result of Verizon's action?  Our overall bill has gone UP from $377/month four months ago to $420/month last month and now $476/month this month.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

batnewveriz You are currently using a public forum. Please look for a Private Note we sent here on this platform. We are anxious to help get this resolved. -Dolores

0 Likes
JpELP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. And I have been with Verizon since they started the company and was even with Alltel before they became Verizon. I am an unlimited data account holder with four lines. I was told that I would receive $400 in credit during the promotional credit for the iPhone 8 in exchange for the iPhone 13 from 3 sources including Best Buy, Verizon Phone Customer Service, and a Verizon Phone Rep who walked me through the return process using the website as I spoke to them. I would told to "ignore" the shown exchange value of the phone on the Verizon website as this was a "promotional rate" in exchange for the phone. It didn't matter what condition the phone was in I was told and my phone was in perfect working order.  Upon submission, I never received notice from Verizon and the credit did not show up on my bill even after waiting for 3 billing cycles. I called back in Feburary and was told by the rep that it was being remediated and to wait a few weeks and she would call me back. I never got a return call. 

I called back and spoke to a Verizon rep today. After an hour and 45 minutes on the call, I was told the value I was to be given was supposed to be "up to $400.' She said I was emailed a gift card for Verizon of $47 for the value of the phone.  If I knew that they would only end giving me $47 for the phone, I never would have given it to them and, in fact, would not have traded in my i Phone 8! I am so angry at them for this! She then said she had to do some further research because I told her that was not the deal and that I never even got the email with  $47 gift card. Later today, she called back and apologized and said she could send me another $53 gift card to make up for the trouble for a total of $100 in gift card value. But I never got the $47 and another $52 is NOT going to be in alignment with what I was promised. I feel like Verizon not being honest with me or with others. I will never trade in a phone with Verizon again. After all these years, I am now ready to quit Verizon and go with another network.  Because of this horrible experience. 

batnewveriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi All,

Here is the latest update on my dispute with Verizon:

It has been two full billing cycles since my March 16 chat conversation with Rebecca from vzw_customer_support, in which she worked out all of our billing issues and assured me that all of the past credits of $24.16 times 12 months would be added to the next billing cycle for lines 1157 and 3834.  As detailed previously in numerous posts, and in the attached screenshots below.  

Please continue to warn your friends and family about this.

B83D6D65-1172-4DE2-8FB7-ECB5AFCE959E.png

6B3BD7A4-0F1E-4DCF-87E2-AC008AEA1C79.jpeg

D6FDBC12-A47D-428D-BFC2-776BBC3E53A9.png

803D03E5-B9D5-49EA-B6BF-6392B28D40FC.jpeg

BB25E954-2E3C-4757-8EC8-00975F9C361F.png

66FE5A78-44E6-4889-BDB8-550E3AF6DC6C.png

batnewveriz
Enthusiast - Level 2

To be clear, in the 2 new bills since the promised resolution, neither of the promised $580 credits have been added to line 1157 or 3834. 

Out monthly bill and payments are the same excessively large $ amounts they have always been.

jhj23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did this ever get resolved? 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes