Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon has the worst customer service ever
Gherkin1979

Service area is the best in the industry and customer service could not be possibly worse.

Whether you try online support via the Verizon Wireless Web Page, speak with a customer service agent (more likely than not someone reading from a rudimentary script that includes and apology for the inconvenience every 45 seconds, going to the many Verizon stores that can do nothing for you as they are not "official" Verizon stores - OR - go to a Corporate store, the service is the same, abysmal.

Verizon is more than happy to offer teaser deals to non subscribers but as stated in the earlier comments will do nothing for their existing customers except to perpetually try to upsell you in to higher and higher cost unlimited plans. My plan had always been unlimited but now it is suddenly some 16GB XL plan with carryover data. All well and good since I rarely use it all but that doesn't stop the incesant texts telling me and other family members we are near out of data.

Here is the worst part for me and it just happened today. My wife bought me the Samsung 4GB Watch supposedly good to 50M depth of waterproof performance. I spent the time to set the watch up with my savvy Millenial daughter and used it for the first time today. After wearing it for just three hours, the center of the viewfinder appeared fuzzy, almost as if there was moisture in the watch. So, given it had only been purchased three day ago and worn for three hours I took it back to the Corporate Store.

I explained the situation and the very first words out of the young lady who had greeted me was "There is nothing we can do for you if you got the watch wet." I was apoplectic! This is a watch that is supposed to be good to 50 Meter depth in water yet it hadn't even been exposed to sweat and I was being told there was nothing that could be done because I exposed it to water. Now keep in mind neither this young lady nor the brain trust she had on her support line had any idea of how to actually check if the watch had been exposed to water regardless of the stated specifications on the side of the box and on both the Verizon and Samsung web sites.

In the end, the only thing Verizon would do is offer to take the watch back for a $50 restocking fee or do a full reset on the watch and send me on my way. My company phone is an AT&T iPhone and while I am not a fan of anything Apple, I have to admit the coverage from AT&T has improved and the many dropped in coverage I had experienced in the past with their cell towers seems to have gone away. I get instant and full coverage in Canada and thus far anywhere I have gone in the United States.

I expressed my intense dissatisfaction to all representatives of Verizon. On the website and chat they assured me someone would follow up to address my concerns; of course no one did. At the store, the response from the young lady was to walk off when I candidly stated it was "garbage

The only positive in the entire experience was the gentleman who reset the phone and stated he would annotate my account to express the details and my dissatisfaction. Since it was not my intent to shoot the messenger or some front line employee who works for a company that now believes they don't have to support their longstanding clients because they are the biggest.

Given a choice and looking for a new line, I would suggest trying any other carrier but Verizon. They have become an absolute joke.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a suggestion, but have you tried going into a Verizon store and talking to a person there?

Re: verizon has the worst customer service ever
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Gherkin1979, we want nothing more than to help turn your experience around regarding the customer service received and that we come to a proper resolution for the issues with your Samsung Galaxy Watch. We realize the haze/moisture in the watch is a one-off situation and wouldn't want to lose your business elsewhere.

We appreciate your efforts and time spent on trying to correct this issue. Your plan itself can never be changed without your direct consent, we'll see how this change took place and ensure you're on the right plan for your family. We apologize no one followed up with you and get this experience isn't up to our Verizon Wireless standards. I have sent you a Private Message so that we may contact you directly at your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

DeanHart817

I have to agree. Absolutely the worst customer service ever. Try getting any help with the verizon cloud desktop app. LOL. You should hear some of the conversations I have had with these rocket scientists. I want to dump Verizon so bad but I can't download my files...wait...maybe they're not so dumb afterall...@3!%!!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You are a valued customer and we do not want you to move from our Verizon family, DeanHart817. We want you to download your Verizon Cloud content at your convenience. Please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/#download-cloud-computer) and review number 9 under "Managing content in Verizon Cloud" for instructions.

What other Verizon Wireless concerns can we resolve for you today?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Boyintheboat

Agreed. There is no service to speak of. It's infuriating! Long wait times which get disconnected often. They're never there! It shouldn't be this hard! 

Boyintheboat

I've actually been waiting for over a hour for any type of help. Still fudging waiting. It really is the worst service of anything I've ever experienced. I'd spread the word but a lot of people I know have left Verizon already. I'll likely be next. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important any service concerns you have are addressed, and being disconnected is not the experience we want you to have with us, Boyintheboat. Let me find what problems you are having and find a solution. What exact service issues are you having? What are your city, zip code, and nearest cross-streets? Please share some details so we can assist you.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
dlong19691

I am also sitting on hold... once for 45 minutes, now again for 30 minutes. the customer service has gone downhill fast and I am seriously considering switching to another carrier. I am wanting to discuss going to an unlimited plan with VZW... but I don't think I will now.

So sad and frustrating. Been with this carried for 16 years. just brought my parents over... and now the service is just disgusting.

Re: Verizon has the worst customer service ever
Boyintheboat

garbage 

Boyintheboat

fudging robot! You are no help!!! 

0 Likes