Verizon hits me with the BS $299 "charging port corrosion" damage fee on a working phone
jaminator45

this must be their new way of stacking the deck against their customers.   I called last week because my my phone wouldnt upgrade to ICS. upgrade kept failing. Other than that phone worked fine. After troubleshooting with tech they said since i had never exchanged a phone they would swap this one out with one that would upgrade.  Sent me the phone and i sent mine back. THis phone was spotless. Today they email telling em i owe them 299 for damage. I called them and spent 1 hour and 7 minutes on the phone going back and forth.  Here is what they told me.

There is corrosion on the charging port.   huh?

cant send me my old working phone back

cant send this replacment I have had for 7 days back to them to cover the 299 they want.

So i ended up early terminating my contract for both lines at the cost of 450. I would rather do this than continue doing business with these people. I have had this service for 8 years and this is how they treat you.  Any normal person off the street could not know that they would charge you 299 for "port corrosion".  its just a way to screw people over. Had i known this would happen i could have just claimed the phone on insurance and gotten a new phone with ICS on it for like 90 bucks instead of these idiots charging me 299!!

So since they wont take the phone back i have had for 6 days the are going to get the 450 early termination plus whatever the phone sells for on eBay.  THey can **** it for the rest.  Unbelievable.  Port corrosion.

On top of that they said i can see the pics myself and supposedly emailed them to me but there was a problem with the email and there are no pics on it.  Its just a big SCAM!!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon hits me with the BS $299 "charging port corrosion" damage fee on a working phone
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

yea that is a big load of ****. how can they charge you that amount and not even give you a chance for you to send that one back.

so they are basically forcing you to buy a phone from them instead of going the ebay way or insurance claim it.

cancel their ***. good for you!  this is the kind of stuff that push people towards insurance fraud.

<Post edited for language per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Verizon hits me with the BS $299 "charging port corrosion" damage fee on a working phone
mr_casey

>Duplicate deleted. Cross posting is against the VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes