Verizon iphone 6 rebate really a scam?
jswiatkowski

I talked to a Verizon sales rep in the store and he told me that I would get $200 for my iPhone 4 if I traded it in on a new iPhone 6. So, I went for it. I'm switching from AT & T to Verizon. I've already received my iPhone 6, made the switch to Verizon and was told that I would be receiving an envelope to send my iPhone 4 back. That was 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting. After reading a lot of posts on here, it doesn't look good that I'm getting a $200 gift card for my phone or the envelope to send it in.  It's in perfect condition, too. Any suggestions? Should I talk to corporate? I want what was promised. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon iphone 6 rebate really a scam?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay in sending your return envelope, jswiatkoski. It takes about 10 business days to receive, so it is likely to arrive soon. We are working hard to ensure the promotion is fufilled to anyone who met the requirements of the offer!

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay in sending your return envelope, jswiatkoski. It takes about 10 business days to receive, so it is likely to arrive soon. We are working hard to ensure the promotion is fufilled to anyone who met the requirements of the offer!

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
sullip00

I received my new Iphone 9/29 and it's been almost a month and no return envelope. It's been well over the "10 business" days. Whats is the status??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you haven't received your envelope for your trade in device. We may need to check your account to investigate why it hasn/t been shipped. Have you spoken with a customer service rep at the store or by phone?

0 Likes
GAB2828

I have the same problem.  Baited by the trade-in promotion, I ordered two iphone 6's online on 9-19-14 and signed a new contract, online.  I have the new iphones and my credit card had been charged by Verizion.  I haven't received my envelopes to ship back the two trade-ins.  I've called no less than 20 times in the past week and sent multiple e-mails.  None of the e-mails have been answered. When I call and speak to someone at 1-800-922-0204,  they either trasfer me to a recording or tell me they have no record of me signing up for the trade-in program and I've missed the deadline! The only reason I upgraded was because of the trade-in program.

I either want my money back and my new contract canceled or I want the trade-in value as originally advertised.

If you call the Trade-In Department at 877-247-3846 you get a recording.  You cannot talk to anyone!  If you go to this website, it also doesn't help.https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/home.php5?c=en-us .

Please don't give me the run around or refer me to a recording.  I need a real person to help.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
LRBrown
Enthusiast - Level 3

IT IS A SCAM.  I too wanted to believe it wasn't and sent a perfectly good iphone 5.  I can get no support on the topic and they sent me a $36 card.  DO NOT TRADE IN YOUR PHONE TO THEM.  I am filling out a complaint with the BBB.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LRBrown,

I am sad to hear that you are feeling that the trade in promo was a scam. I can assure you that it is not a scam in anyway. When you turned your iPhone in did you ensure that your Find My iPhone off as per the instructions? With this feature on, there is not anything that we (Verizon) can do to actually reset the phone. If you were not given a reason as to why you only received $36, you can certainly contact our Trade in center here: http://vz.to/WIxRQ2.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
Souleyes2

It's  a SCAM. Do not do it. Traded in my iPhone 4s, with find my iPhone turned OFF. They sent me a rebate for my phone 6weeks LATER FOR 0.00$. So they kept my phone and no money!!! Please don't do it. I'm looking to switch carriers now...

0 Likes
LRBrown
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can contact them there, but do you get any help? NO.  That website doesn't even show my phone as received.  They are LYING about my phone being broken plain and simple.  I deserve some type of justice for this scam and being lied to.  Pathetic support, my issue was escalated to a manager and they told me to give another 2 weeks to see what happens next.  I am writing the President of my region tomorrow.  I went into my local Verizon store and called the brown envelope cheap and the manager here threatened me with the police.  This company used to look and operate like a 5 star provider and has managed to completely tarnish it's reputation with this program.

0 Likes
LRBrown
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, to answer you find my iphone was turned off.  Everything in the instructions was followed and checked before sending it in.

0 Likes