Verizon iphone trade-in scam!?
happygojessie

I was surprised and infuriated this morning to receive an email acknowledging the receipt of my iphone 5 (appraised for $200 per Verizon's survey questions), and that I would be receiving a credit for $36!!!???  When I checked the reason for this, it states that the "phone won't power on."  THIS IS ABSURD.  I used this phone up until the DAY I sent it back... I followed their instructions EXPLICITLY... I even charged the phone before sending it back.  I took them WEEKS to acknowledge it was received and process it (no wonder it wouldn't turn on -  battery is dead!), and now I am getting scammed out of the value of the phone?  I immediately called the direct number for the trade-in department, where I was told I couldn't be assisted at that time, was told my complaint would be escalated and I should hear back within 7-10 business days.  I was provided a contact email for support and emailed them immediately with the details of my complaint - haven't heard anything back.  I am shocked by how this program is being handled... after reading other posts on line, it seems I am definitely not the only one.  I am requesting a credit for the FULL amount the device was appraised for, since there are NO defects or issues with it OR for my device to be mailed back to me IMMEDIATELY.  This has been a HORRIBLE experience and I have been a loyal customer for years... very disappointed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon iphone trade-in scam!?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

happygojessie, It's surely not our intention to have you feel scammed in any way! Our Trade In http://bit.ly/GGnDDC team would be the best avenue to review the cause and provide details and options for the decrease in value for you appraised device. I'm glad that you were promised a contact back within 7 - 10 days. I'm confident this team will be able to fully resolve your concerns.

TanishaS1_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Verizon iphone trade-in scam!?
ljcleland

Our I phones are like brand new no scratches nothing and we were told $23 ea....needless to say the kids can use em instead like I pods 🙂

0 Likes