Verizon is adding $20/ month for (grandfathered) unlimited data
08TITAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has decided that It need to add $20 per moth for unlimited data even though less than 1% of its customers still have it! I call foul. Customer service told me its to ensure integrity of the network! I cry foul and [removal required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ! If only 1% of customers still have unlimited data grandfathered in, How much can $20 do to ensure network integrity. its only a tactic to get people to give up their unlimited data plans!

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon is adding $20/ month for (grandfathered) unlimited data
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

1% of how many? I imagine it will generate quite a bit of money. Enough to cover all the data unlimited data users use. Though I agree, they would rather have you on the newer plans and if they can't do they, they want more $$.

B33
Legend

Just seen this as Well Via the source below and though I'm not surprised as it's a way to wean customers away old paying customers with these plans it's sends a message sign up a contract 1 or 2 year if you find away or go to what other customers have our new plans.. which most people have

To add: In the piece that I'm adding it says you can sign a contract for a ( year or two ) but why would you want to do this unless you new for sure you could do with a purchase of a NEW device and you could keep your current plan some where this new Deal Verizon is wheeling out has a smell to it sorry for being Frank but if they want ya out something one way or another there going to make it happen just like when they where going to throttle Unlimited customers but backed off when At&t got slapped with the HUGE  fine from the FCC they dropped it for the most part but it's still out there.

Now this..  here the source and what there saying on this new thing being wheeled out by you know who.!  I will add I have not seen a Text unless I've missed something nor have we got anything official in the Mail if we do I'll pass it along

08TITAN Thanks for Posting this... B33

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/11/09/yep-verizon-is-raising-your-unlimited-data-plan-by-20-per-month...

08TITAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

The notification was in the form of message when I  logged into my account this evening, then confirmed by CSR , in Chat. Ensure NETWORK integrity, my happy [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] I plan on getting my $20 worth.... I'll stream every movie/ song/ youtube chanel I can, even if I'm not watching or listening.... For someone that will call me a data hog, so be it. My average useage forever has been approx. 3 Gb, but have gone over 10Gb twice in 10 years. I'll see if I can average about 20Gb from here on out. Its called Unlimited and I'm paying, so I will get my share of it>

B33
Legend

Well it is True this is going to happen tomorrow for us Unlimited customers I found this out just a little bit ago from a  Rep that I've known for years she even said I could mention her Name but I'll hold off on doing that but she's even being hit with this Increase even though she's Employee with the company she has 3 Unlimited Lines all of which will be hit with the Increase she said although she is steamed about it and said she say it even if a Manager was setting right next to her there not going to take my Darn Unlimited away from me I'll pay the extra I'll pay to buy a new phone.. what ever it takes to keep my Unlimited I'm going Keep it"  she said..

But this is going to Happen and she does not know any way around of it.. like signing up for a new CONTRACT.!  The Plan will go into affect Tomorrow 11/15/2015  just before the Christmas Season gets a going..  she said Tis the Season..

nyc2015
Enthusiast - Level 3

She has the Verizon Employee discount plan. My employee discount offers 20% off on data so I'm sure Verizon employees get a huge Verizon discount with their plans. If my bill is going from $55 to $75. I'm sure she's probably paying less then us.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Last I knew Verizon had one of the worst employee discounts. This was years ago, but a Verizon employee I knew actually  had Sprint because even with the discount they would get, Sprint was cheaper.

0 Likes
nyc2015
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you been hit with the $20? I don't see any changes yet. I just added the employee discount yesterday to pad to price hike. 20% off data and voice saved me $10.50. So I only see a $9.50 bump. Not too shabby I must add.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Oh no, I've never had a need for unlimited data. I'm content in my More Everything plan.

Did the employee discount go through? Seems like sometimes they don't depending on the plan you're currently on. You probably won't see the extra $20 until your next bill finalizes.

0 Likes
nyc2015
Enthusiast - Level 3

It went through instantly as soon as I clicked the email confirmation sent to my work email. I'm just waiting for the $20 data price hike. I thought it would hit November 15th since that's what everyone has been saying. It's Nov. 16th and I still see no change in UDP price. What was supposed to happen on November 15th didn't happen.Such a buzzkill. lol