Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Re: Verizon is blocking remote desktop apps?
Pallidorus

I am having the same issue. Works fine on wifi but it loses connection right after it connects on cellular. Worked fine when AT&T was my provider.

0 Likes
farler05

I've had this same issue since I upgraded to my Pixel 6.  I had a Pixel 3 & was able to use Google's Remote Desktop with zero issues.  My new phone will not successfully connect to Chrome Remote Desktop.  BUT I can use it as a hotspot connected to my laptop & connect with Remote Desktop to another computer.  Frustrating that Verizon hasn't taken the steps to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, farler05. I appreciate the details you've shared and I'm happy to help. Fortunately, I can confirm that we do not block remote desktop apps as I personally use Chrome Remote Desktop to remotely manage cryptocurrency mining equipment. I can reassure you that our service is not the culprit. As you are able to gain access with over devices, may I ask if you have tried factory resetting your phone? 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes