Re: Verizon is dragging on an issue they caused.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

CLADIRON wrote:

No my brother didn't screw up, in fact Verizon admitted to making the mistake. I am in a contract now, Verizon moved me to a 2 year contract with my ok.  All of my family members have bought a phone at full price and then had it activated as Verizon suggested so we COULD keep our original plain.

Your line is under contract with your permission? You CAN'T have the unlimited data plan on your line and have your line under contract. This has been the policy since June 28, 2012.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CLADIRON
Enthusiast - Level 3

As for the year dispute, that irrelevant. I had only got near the 2 gig limit they imposed on me over that time frame, and until recently did go over it. I had gone out of town on vacation and took alot of pictures, and then uploaded them to gdrive and dropbox. This is how i found out i was moved to a restricted plain. Verizon said there sent a letter saying they changed my plain, but there is no proof. I also did not request a plain change. we have also given proof from Amazon that they did not contact Verizon about changing the plain.

0 Likes
CLADIRON
Enthusiast - Level 3

i WAS on the unlimited data plain my parents had got, way before 2012.  (been a customer for over 10 years)

The account was grandfathered in when those changes were made.

I was changed unknowingly to a 2 gig limit contract.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The unlimited data plan was a feature. It was never part of the contract. If someone used your upgrade from your line after June 2012 and renewed the contract on your line the unlimited data plan was forfeited per the new terms and conditions of the contract restricting the type of data plan features that could be added to the line. Grandfathered data plans don't apply for contracts signed after the June 28, 2012 when the policy was changed.

I have that same unlimited data plan since my current account was opened in April 2011. I have managed to retain that data plan because I have remained out of contract since April 2012 even with purchasing a new phone in the meantime.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

CLADIRON
Enthusiast - Level 3

THAT is the whole point, the phone was bought and activated on the account as Verizon suggested to keep the original status of the account. I never signed a contract nor did anyone else on the account. I  was simply placed on a 2 gig contract without my knowledge.

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Since the original plan/contract is your parents, your brother (unless he was assigned as an administrator) could NOT just call in and have the phone activated on the plan.  That, I believe is why they changed the plan for you,  

0 Likes
CLADIRON
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sure thats not the case. He has full access to the account and has

always done the activations. Remember, we have been customers for over 10

years, always buying a phone new at full price and having it activated to

keep the account the same.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

21 months of accepting month in and month out your plan is not irrelevant! Like I said, you have zero chance now. As most people would catch this right away, you have a point in the first month or two, but not 21 months later. Sorry.

0 Likes
CLADIRON
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not going to argue on here regarding the issue I'm just trying to find

a resolution and it sounds like you just want to argue. There would be no

need in having to look at the fine print that close on a contract if

nothing had been changed for so many years.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Not arguing, just pointing out items in the case that make it an impossible hurdle. And it isn't the fine print, the 2GB limit on the line would have been front on center on every bill since December 2012! Not paying attention is not a valid argument. I really would like you to have unlimited again, but having heard stories like this before (although the 21 month thing is a new one), the solid experience is you are well beyond any hope of getting unlimited back. You will now need to make a decision if you were so wronged to leave Verizon for the grass isn't always greener other places, or move on with Verizon. No arguments, just realism.

0 Likes