Verizon is no longer a decent company
RLynneB

I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years.  I even have all my home services through Verizon.  A couple of months ago I was in a Verizon store with my daughter due to a problem with her phone.  While there I mentioned that the lock button on my phone did not work  The representative saw that I had a warranty on my phone and told me that this was a common problem and that the repair was covered under the warranty.  She took my phone, looked it over and told me that since there was not other damage at all to the phone there would be no charge.  I would receive a replacement phone in the mail and all I had to do was send the broken one back.   I did just that.  All of a sudden two phone bills later I get a $300 equipment charge.  I called to find out what this was about.  I was now told that they claim to have found other damage to the phone and that I was sent an email telling me that.  I informed the rep that I did not receive this email and if I would have I would have demanded the phone back.  The only problem was the lock button.  Everything else on the phone was fine.  The rep looked up my account and saw for herself that I did not receive an email.  She also found the records from the store stating that there was no other damage to the phone.  I was told that there were pictures of the phone.  I told her I wanted those pictures sent to me.  Still have not received them.  The rep said she would put the paperwork in to request the charge be taken from my bill due to the fact that I was not previously told about it and was not given the opportunity to get my phone back.  I was told that I would be contacted within two days about the results.  Here is it almost two weeks later and I still have not heard anything.   I have put the renewal of my home services on hold and will not continue with Verizon unless this issue gets resolved.   This company does not give one bit of care about customers.  It's all about it's bottom line.  There are other companies out there.  Time to look for a new provider.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon is no longer a decent company
Not applicable

If you were to Google "verizon claims my phone was damaged or verizon claims my device was not returned or verizon said they have received an empty box etc" its a scam.

They can send a picture of any device and claim its yours, if you send it back using their return to vendor label and have a receipt for dropping it off at the carrier, or tracking showing it was delivered verizon does not have a leg to stand on.

Send a certified return receipt to your billing address and dispute the $300 charge. By law they cannot dunn you for any amounts in dispute. Also contact the small claims court in your locale and sue for the money to either be removed or paid back if you already paid it. Include the filing fee and certified letter fees.

Verizon will call you to effect a settlement.

Good Luck

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yes google it. Because everything on the internet is true, because its on the Internet.

BeckyPoisson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have been a very good customer for over 10 years.  I'm about to leave and get a smart phone @ Walmart and have a no-contract phone through Straight Talk.  My husband did this months ago, stopped paying a fortune for his monthly bill and is now paying $45/month for unlimited talk, text AND data.  There is no longer such a thing as unlimited data.  Yes, Verizon used to be great ....... no longer are they the superior company where customer service is concerned.  What a shame.

Not applicable

The internet is was it is. The information super highway. Accurate, who can say. But in normal circumstances I would say most are accurate. You don't get complaint over and over and not have some merit to it.

You be a verizon fan boy all you like. People make their own opinions and decisions as to what information is and is not accurate. I have found your postings to be humorous. Helpful? No.

But I would defend your right to do it.

Good Luck

armaki
Contributor - Level 1

As Elector mentioned it - this "damage found" or "empty box returned" is a new wave of scam from Verizon and you will find PLENTY of complaints right here in this forum.

There is ONLY ONE CURE: you need to buy a phone for which the warranty is provided DIRECTLY by the manufacturer who doesn't have access to your carrier billing account - which means, GSM prepaid.

For example, Nokia services all the Nokia GSM phones (directly) and if you send them a "damaged" phone, they will just send the phone back to you (at their cost, both ways).

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Elector wrote:

The internet is was it is. The information super highway. Accurate, who can say. But in normal circumstances I would say most are accurate. You don't get complaint over and over and not have some merit to it.

You be a verizon fan boy all you like. People make their own opinions and decisions as to what information is and is not accurate. I have found your postings to be humorous. Helpful? No.

But I would defend your right to do it.

Good Luck

Whats with thus fanboy business? Im just telling it like it is, straight with no chaser. A lot of these posts are highly fabricated. Ive never had issues with returning phones or the other malarkey thar gets posted.

Tidbits
Legend

The cool thing about statistics is that 99% of them are made up on the spot(my statistics professor used to say this often). The internet is full of it. One thing I have found some people package their phones POORLY and during shipping may get damaged because of it(I will admit I have been guilty of this during the holidays here and there). Sometimes someone ships the wrong phone and tries to scam the carriers while ranting and raving on multiple screen names on multiple forums when it doesn't go their way to make it sound worse than it is(I used to work on some forums and tracked IPs and sometimes 1 complaint had 200 responses and 150 of them was one person using different screen names for example). Sometimes it's legitimate. It wouldn't surprise me here and there some shady employee steals some devices because they actually work right, but the person who sent it in didn't actually troubleshoot(this can happen to any tech industry).

Anyway I hope you can figure out what happened.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It was the way you posted in relation to the internet. And I am sure many people seen that insurance commercial where that actor says exactly what you posted. It was cute.

You may not have an issue with returning phones, and I never return phones so it may not pertain to us but as I pointed out "Others" have had nightmares. The Google search and as pointed out this forum search proves this nightmare does indeed happen. That little cute reply you gave was just that, cute. Not factual but just cute.

Personally mostly fans of verizon piggy back on negative information posts, then do a deflection of the complaint as erroneously saying this or that. I like verizon, they have great service, my invoices are correct, but I don't like some of the actions they do. Telling customers they are responsible for lost devices, devices that are always water damaged, or saying its an empty box, and then billing a customer for it when verizon is totally liable to file the claim with the return vendor since its their return to vendor program and once a customer has it scanned into the return system, the customer is not responsible for the device. But verizon bills your account illegally, but the customer does not realize that they can and should fight to get their money back.

Tidbits
Legend

Other carriers do the same. Shoot even computer parts manufacturers do the same. Been there and done that.

Ironically I am going to tell you a story about water damage. My niece had to return her phone and they said her phone was water damaged. She totally forget it was on the table when my son tip his water cup on the table. I told her I would buy her another one and she didn't care. My brother was all peeved and was going to ground her when he got the bill. I saved her behind and paid for it... A few times i done some silly stufd and broke my devixe. Sometimes I am in a rush and didn't package my phone well/correctly. This was all on AT&T and T-Mobile.

Doesn't have to be the owner of the device that damages their phone. It could happen at a party, a friends house, a wedding, or even the rain(using it during heavy rain(done this a few times myself). Doesn't have to be Verizon scamming people. Sometimes it's people trying to scam carriers for a better device. Being on top these things stand out more. Verizon may be more strict about inspecting devices so more devices don't pass compared to other carriers.

I don't pass judgment because they are big, or whatever is on the Internet because often you never get the full story and can't tell if they are genuine.

0 Likes