Verizon lied to me about promo order
mskce137
Enthusiast - Level 2

We ordered 2 new phones during the buy 1/get 1 promo Verizon was offering. , the first phone being an upgrade to an existing line and a new line for our son for christmas. We did this over chat on Nov 17th so there is a complete log and the sales rep never processed the new phones but had no problem switching our plan to an unlimited plan. We only agreed to switch the plan because of the buy 1 get 1 free promotion.  It's funny that the sales rep had no trouble switching our plan and increasing our monthly bill but the new phones were never processed???  Now, our bill is more than we have ever paid and we have the same phones and the promo has ended.  This is a clear misrepresentation and fraud if I have ever seen it.  We would like these phones and the promotion honored and anything less will be considered fraud. I cannot believe something so deceitful occurred. A response confirming that the promo will be honored or that we will be able to revert back to our original plan at the original pricing.   I would also like to request contact info for someone in a corporation office or complaint department.  
Re: Verizon lied to me about promo order
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can look into this for you. We are here to aid in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

MarcToering
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don’t bother you will just waste three hours of your day on hold and then they will say there is nothing they can do.  You will get the line it was in the small print.  They will not inform you that you needed to add a line for a promo even after calling numerous times.

Verizon does not seem to care about keeping long time customers, after being a loyal customer for 20+ years I have decided to look for a new provider.

etl1231

Almost the exact same thing happened to me on my order for November 17th.  I ordered a phone on the buy 1 get 1 promotion and upgraded my account to an unlimited plan at a higher cost to do it - paying $40 more per month!  I received a confirmation e-mail my order was complete with both phones listed on it.  I just received the first phone.  I called to track down the 'free' phone and they said the order was cancelled.  The second phone was cancelled for no clear reason and I was never contacted about the cancellation.  I just spent the last 5 hours trying to deal with this with customer service.  The explanation was the new line required a new phone number and was split into a separate order - that order was cancelled.  They told me I can order a new phone and they would honor the buy 1 get 1 promotion.  I haven't done it yet because the telesales is closed for the night, but hopefully it will be honored.  I have my doubts given all the issues I've faced.

I would also like to request contact info for someone in a complaint department.  Have a list of 10 other issues to share about this process.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MarcToering ,

We're sorry to hear you feel that way, as no one would want to see you go. As you've been with us for such a long time, you definitely would have seen all of our different promotions over those years, such as some that would require a new line of service, or those that might need you to have a specific plan, or even a certain make/model phone to trade in for something newer. We have always shown these promotions, and the requirements for them, wherever these devices are purchased, including online and in-store. Was there a specific promotion that you were interested in that you were unable to find those requirements? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@etl1231

It's great to hear that you had purchased a new phone and added a line to get one of our BOGO promotions, although I'm sorry to hear that the new line was canceled. While a new phone number would be required for any new line that wasn't ported in, did you choose the new phone number at the time you had placed the order? I ask because if a new phone number wasn't created, then the order itself wouldn't have been able to be completed. As long as you make a qualifying purchase while it is still on a BOGO, then you would be able to get that BOGO price, so please be sure to have done that before the sale is over. As for your other concern, we do not have a complaint department, as our customer service channels are all set to help you with whatever you need assistance with. What other issues did you need help with?

0 Likes
Avlaruel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please check my posting! Seems like their bogo was a bogus SCAM!!!!! They can’t even find my second order for the free phone and I can’t even get my refund!!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Avlaruel. We're truly sorry to learn that you've had such a negative experience with us. We know the importance of making sure you receive your full refund, indeed. I have sent you a Private Note. Please be sure to respond at your earliest convenience so we can take a look at this with you. 

0 Likes
Jordanmillerhub
Enthusiast - Level 1

Avoid Verizon and this store at all cost. I was sold an iPhone 12 Pro with the promise of “800 dollar trade in value and a 500 dollar visa gift card sent to my email” I had pulled up the promotion on Verizons website and told him I believed I qualified for 700 and no gift card. The salesmen confirmed against my advice that I 100% qualified for 800 trade in value and the 500 dollar gift card. After several days of not receiving the gift card I emailed the salesmen. No response. I then went back into the store and spoke with the manager. I explained my situation and the manger went on Verizon and confirmed that my trade in was only 700 and that I didn’t not qualify for the gift card. I told him that I was not okay being lied to. He then called my previous salesmen and my salesmen told him that he thought I did qualify and that it was his mistake. I was told I could not get my trade in back, essentially meaning I lose all of that value if I cancel my contract with them. I am still waiting to hear back from the district manager on how this situation will be handled as the store manager told me he didn’t have any idea how to fix this.

Tags (1)
TheGuvna
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was lied to about receiving a free iPhone 13 mini per line in September when I called to enquire about switching from T-Mobile. We were happy with our phones as they were all paid for and had no intention on getting new ones, but were told it would be free. Alas after being told for two months "it takes a few billing cycles for it to activate" I was told today that this offer never existed. I am now paying DOUBLE the bill i was when I moved to pay less.

My guess is because all of it was done on the phone and I didn't record the call, I am out of luck. I even traded in my iPhone 11 for next to nothing with Verizon as extra credit towards the bill. Now it would have probably got me a iPhone 13 pro.

0 Likes