Verizon messed up preorder/trade-in, trying to make me pay more, and no one will help me at all.
NotoriousN8

I preordered a iPhone 13 Pro Max on September 17th when they launched preorders. Did the whole thing through chat with a women who was very nice. Told her if I couldn't have the $1000 credit that I would just keep my iPhone 11 Pro Max that I didn't need the new phone, it was just a really good deal. She said it was no issue that they can give me $1000 trade in and did the whole thing for me.

Never got the trade in kit and called in, the gal I talked to then said it's no problem we just had to get the old phone sent ASAP so they could process it. Sent me a label and had me send it off. I told her then if it's an issue and I can't have the $1000 trade in that I would just take the phone back to the store and forget the whole thing, again told it was no problem and I'd get it.

Weeks later I get a email with a credit on a gift card for $410 dollars for my trade in. I have now been calling and doing online chats trying to get this fixed. Not only do I still owe $590 more from the mess up, the gift card won't even work towards my payments on the phone. I was told that the girl should have never done the preorder because they could not give me the $1000 trade in due to what plan I was on which was never told to me when I did the preorder or called in and told to send in my phone.

Since then I have been doing chats and calls even had one supervisor doing an investigation hang up on me twice then never call me back in 24 hours. I've been told that it can't be fixed, then told it could be fixed. Transferred to every department Verizon has with no one ever able to help and most of them just trying to get me to hang up and stop calling.

Today I even went into a store where the manager went through the whole thing with me. He explained how big of a mess this was and that they will have to do an investigation but it may not go well for me due to how their system works. That I would need to call the "Loyalty Team" and talk to them and get a supervisor to talk to me from the "Loyalty Team." Gave me a sheet with the number on it and others.

I called that number for the "Loyalty Team" got the sales team. They then transferred me to the customer service team again who informed me they don't even have a Loyalty Team. She tried calling around and no one had heard of that department. Told me she could submit a form but that might not fix the problem. I asked to talk to a supervisor again and she promised one would call me right back in a few minutes. It's been about an hour with no call back.

So after all that rambling is there anyone on here or anyone at Verizon that knows who I can call to actually get this fixed? Is there anyone at Verizon who actually helps people or do they just say they will and give you the wrong number or pass you around a bunch hoping you go away?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon messed up preorder/trade-in, trying to make me pay more, and no one will help me at all.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to know about this experience, and want to assist you properly. We have sent you a private note, please reply so we can continue assisting you. ~Pam

0 Likes
Re: Verizon messed up preorder/trade-in, trying to make me pay more, and no one will help me at all.
NotoriousN8

Responded to this last night and gave the full run down of all the issues going on right now and have yet to receive a response. 

I also never got a return call from the supervisor that I was told would give me a call back in just a few minutes last night.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your issue is fully resolved. We've sent you another private message for assistance. Thank you!~Christian

0 Likes