Re: Verizon not honoring 1GB promotion
Maddening

Yes, I too have been duped.  In the Springfield, Virginia Verizon Store at 6432 Springfield Plaza, on September 22, 2014 I upgraded 3 phones that were no longer under contract.  It was clear that I would not receive or activate the new phones until they arrived on October 14, 2014,  Not one, not two,  but three store employees assured me that I would still receive 3GB of promotional data over the life of the new 2 year contract (1 Gb for each phone) if I made the order by September 30, which I did.   I've been wary of Verizon since my previous upgrade in 2012 because I lost my unlimited data plan because Verizon failed to tell me I would lose it if I upgraded.  So when I entered that store on September 22 I made sure that I would not be burned through Verizon's omission and made sure I was thorough about what I would and wouldn't get as part of the upgrade.

Just as other reported, when I received and activated my phones on October 14 ... no promotional data.  I called the store and they said they would do me a "favor" by giving me 2Gb of data for one year.  And to make up for the other 1 GB of data they tried to convince my wife to buy another 1Gb per month, which we would have pay for.  I thought this was nonsense and insisted they make this situation right.  Of course they told me there was nothing they could do because the phones were activated in October, even though the folks at the same store told me otherwise on September 22. 

So after getting no where with the store I called 611 and talked to customer service, who assured me the situation would be remedied in 2 to 5 business days.  I waited 5 business days and called back just to be told that the order had been denied because the customer service rep entered the wrong number for one of the phones; I was told that the problem would be corrected.  After another 5 business days, still no resolution, so I called the store.  The employee said he would look into this and call be back in an hour.  A day later came and still no call.  

So at this point I've given up.  I don't have endless hours to convince someone to give me something I was promised as an incentive for upgrading and renewing my contract.  I'll bite the bullet and pay the fee to get out of the contract and I will eventually get rid of my Verizon Fios TV, Internet and home phone.  If I am expected to pay my bill in good faith every month I expect to be dealt with by my service provider in good faith also. Its apparent that that's not going to happen.

OK,  I've vented.  I don't expect Verizon to make this right at this point; its clear they wont... I just wanted to speak my peace and make sure that others deal with Verizon with eyes wide open.  I've been burned twice-- that's about all I can take.

0 Likes
Rodenbach
Enthusiast - Level 2

When checking my account this morning, I noticed that the promotional data was added.  While I am disappointed in how my purchase experience unfolded, I will acknowledge that at least my issue appears to have been addressed.  Thanks to all on this thread who helped make that happen!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jfrolova, I understand your concern with the plan. We want you to enjoy your new phones and be on the correct plan. Please follow me and send a Direct Message to look into plan options.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
kard
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spent hours and hours since mid September getting an upgraded plan, upgraded phones, upgraded line only to have all reps tell me something different and having to look back over hours and hours of conversation notes to piece it all back together.  My latest episode was absolutely maddening.  I ordered 2 iphone 6 on 9/24 and was told the gold would ship around Oct 11 and the silver would ship around Oct 24 ... by Oct 15 I hadn't had any shipment notifications or package arrive so I called in to find out that nothing would ship until the last phone was available ... they were holding up both upgrade lines until both phones were available I guess so they could save on shipping????  Really????  After spending an 90 minutes on the phone with a rep, his hold music, and his manager, the final decision was to cancel both phones, place a reorder, and then jump the queue so I could get the phones shipped when ready.  What he didn't tell me was that they weren't going to honor the GB promotions I received when I ordered the phones on 9/24 - either that or the rep was so new and untrained that he forgot to add that to my order.  Here is is Nov 2 and I am still trying to get this straightened out after 4 cases were opened and requests sent to supervisors/managers, and still NOTHING!!!!

If verizon is going to try to compete with some of the promotions their competitors are offering in order to keep their long-term customers then they need to train their staff on the promotions so that everyone is communicating the same story and they need to honor what they are offering.

I truly feel deceived.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kard,

It saddens me to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with making sure the correct features are on your account! I have sent you a private message, please respond to make sure resolved.

Thanks,
Pamelf_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
curendero

I purchased a iPhone 5s based partly on the 1 GB promotion.  When I check my status online, it says that the offer expires after a year, not two years as per the ads and what the sales person said.  I have done a chat with Verizon rep, who said that the promotion was only a year if I was not already on the More Everything Plan.  Implication is that I did not read the fine print and that I should be happy with what I got. This rep admitted that the ads were not clear, and did not provide anything in writing to substantiate my situation.  This is total bait-and-switch marketing.  I expected that promotion to run for two years as per everything in writing on Verizon ads as well as what the salesperson said.  I cannot find any wording anywhere that this promotion was only for a year for a new purchase of phone and upgrade to the plan.

0 Likes