Verizon online chats do not turn out as promised on bill
tolduns

I tried to get a new phone on November 16th. Fixed a billing issue on November 19th.  Order never processed.  Contacted verizon via phone and chat on November 21st.  No one could explain where order was.  Phone & screen saver never sent.  November 22nd I spent over an hour on phone with a person who started a new order. Assured me a credit would be processed for first order.  She had me sign online to new order conditions. She had me pay down payment.  This order never processed.  Just disappeared.  November 27th I went into a verizon store and was told there was nothing they could do but process a 3rd order in the store.  I got my new phone.  Had to pay the upgrade fee after the woman on November 22nd told me she would waive it for my trouble.  Kept watching for credit from November 19th.  Ended up disputing charges with my credit card company on December 7th.  I contacted Verizon again on December 7th via online chat.  Cancelled a line and was told a new plan would better serve me and save me $50 a month.  I agreed. I saved the chat.  Today I get a text from Verizon.  My bill is $70 higher this month.  Think that may be due to new phone in November but then look at my estimated next bill and it is over $100 MORE then my November bill.  Everything went up instead of down and now I will need to spend hours at work trying to talk to someone or I will have to go to the store.  No one appears to be accountable with verizon anymore.  Everyone blames someone else.  Phone operators blame store or chat. Stores blame phone operators and chat.  I have begged to talk to a manager.  Was told one would call me in 30-45 minutes.  They NEVER called.  I don't know what to do but this has been an absolute nightmare.  My plan has 6 phones and did have an ipad.  I wish I could talk to someone who would be honest and fix things without selling me something and  deceiving me into thinking it will be something it is not.  They have no accountability because there are no names and you can never get back to that same person or even anyone above them.  Help!  What would you do?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon online chats do not turn out as promised on bill
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was there a reason why you couldn't have ordered the phone online without using the chat service? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, tolduns. It's vital that your bill is correct, so I understand your concern when it's higher than expected. I'm sorry you've had to spend so much time getting your phone and trying to fix your bill. I'm here to help. Please check your private messages for information.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
BBKing2020
Enthusiast - Level 3

Similar situation happened. Placed order online and chat with rep online. Asked about promotions and I took picture of the chat so they cannot argue with me later. 

Online rep told me we could get $400.00 on each line we ported in if we have our own devices. after switch, when I call customer service, they said they never had this promotion. I have evidence in my phone and I told the Supervisor about it. Then she said, " oh, I can see all the chat history in the computer" then stopped arguing 🙂