Verizon prices are outrages
CTPULLIAM

I have been a verizon customer since 2004.  Their prices have gotten to be outrages.  I can't wait until I have completed my device payment and then I'm off to another provider.  I have relocated to an area where other carriers will work and I can't stomach to continue paying $350 a month for cell phones with only 20 gb of data!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon prices are outrages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How many lines? How many lines are under contract? What is your plan? Do you have insurance on any of the lines?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then switch carriers if they work. It's a free market and you should pay for what you think you should pay.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can always sell your phone and then switch providers. Just a suggestion

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You need to separate the cost of service from the cost of your phones. How much of that $350/month is the cost you pay for the phones you purchased? How much is for the service? Have you looked into the price of your service should you switch to the Verizon Plan? Unless you are on a promotional data tier, you would likely get more data at a bit lower cost. Whether or not your total monthly cost would be lower would require more information on your part.

If you feel more comfortable with another provider at a lower cost, you should certainly go with them. Keep in mind you will likely have to INCREASE their service cost by the payments you would be making on new phones you purchase from them, probably bringing your TOTAL cost to close to what you are paying.

Regardless, before you switch you should see if you can lower your monthly cost by looking at Verizon's CURRENT data rates if you have been on the same data plan for quite some time. Verizon has lowered the amount they charge for data over the past couple of years but they do not automatically apply those rates to current plans. The customer has to initiate any change in their data plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CTPULLIAM, we would hate to see you leave. What plan are you currently on? How many GB do you average monthly?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CTPULLIAM

I currently have 20gb and use approximately 18 to 19 depending on how I travel for work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CTPULLIAM, let's make sure you have the best plan and value. Please follow this link and login http://spr.ly/6585BsZfF; How many lines do you have? Do you have access to Wi-Fi? How do you use your data?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes