Verizon recycle program is robbery
tlundstromjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon recently ran a promotion for trading in an iPhone 6 for $650 when buying an iPhone 7. This seemed like a pretty good deal. Oh, how i was wrong. They've charged my wife and myself each a $40 upgrade fee, and a $20 activation fee. I had to buy the new iPhone 7 before I could trade my existing phone in. This is where it gets really bad. 6AM I get an email from Verizon that my phone is worth $105. I called and talked to 3 different people for 45 minutes. Until they basically told me they would meet me half way, or submit an Inventory Trouble Ticket that would take 7 - 10 business days to process.

This is where it gets really bad. 6AM I get an email from Verizon that my phone is worth $105. I called and talked to 3 different people for 45 minutes. Until they basically told me they would meet me half way, or submit an Inventory Trouble Ticket that would take 7 - 10 business days to process.

The best part is they changed the value and processed the transaction at that value without notifying me of the change. Then when I asked them to return my phone they refused and told me it was not possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon recycle program is robbery
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was there anything wrong with the old phone? Scratches, cracks, forget to remove the find my iPhone settings from the traded in device?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tlundstromjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was in pristine condition. I had it in a case the whole time I had it. They are claiming that the screen was cracked.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you take pictures of the phone before you shipped it in? Did you request pictures of the phone they are claiming is cracked?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tlundstromjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reported it to the BBB. I'm about to spend the next 4 hours on the phone going through layers and layers of supervisors. But sadly no i did not take photos.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Hmmm.  I smell a rat.  If the phone had arrived with a cracked screen, they would value it at $0. 

Was there a promotional code that had to be submitted with the promo return? 

0 Likes
tlundstromjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

No the Promotion was automatically applied.

0 Likes
tlundstromjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

After emailing Ronan Dunne, the President of Verizon Wireless, I was contacted by the executive office to rectify the situation. they are applying an additional $545 credit to my account to bring my total to the promotional value.

Ysickler
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'v have been dealing with Verizon since Sept when they sent me the "too good to be true" $650 tradein for my iPhone 6s to iPhone 7+. Doesn't seen to matter that they send specific offers to their account holders, they will still screw you over.

When I didn't get my $650 gift card, I called. They implied that it would now be a $650 credit on my account and it just missed the bill by a few days.  Next month, no credit on the bill so I called. After many holds and them talking to a supervisor, I would get my $650 credited in two to three days. Next month bill, no credit. Just spent all morning on two calls. I went from getting $0 tradein to $100 to $150. I have never been so disgusted with a company or their employees in my life as I am right now.  What they say and do means nothing. I will be literally surprised if I even get the $150. Reading the Verizon Community complaints and just googling Verizon complaints I am horrified this company treats their customers like they do. I should have stayed with StraightTalk after leaving Verizon the first time around.  Keep in mind, I went through a nightmare the time before this when I traded in both our phones with Verizon. I was even misled when I switched back to Verizon from Straighttalk as Verizon assured me my iPhone with StraightTalk which was Verizon based would work with Verizon. Of course it didn't and I had to buy a new iPhone for my husband. No one at Verizon seems to know what they're doing or even care. No one does any kind of followup after their conversation with you either. Pitiful.

mama23dogs
Legend

Ysickler

A Straight talk phone with a Verizon SIM card can work on Verizon, but ST locks its phones.  You have to request they unlock the phone before it will work with another carriers. 

An iPhone 5C or 5S with CDMA bands, unlocked, will work on nearly any carrier. 

0 Likes