Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon refusing to refund sales tax for returned device
cobrien716

I ordered a Lenovo Flex 5G for in-store pickup on June 20.  Default option at the time of purchase was to bill the sales taxes to my account, so I went with that.  Tried the device out for a little while, decided it wasn't for me.  Returned it to the store where I picked it up on July 2.  Today, July 9, I saw on my bill that I was still charged the sales taxes on the device ($98 and change).  Tried to chat with customer service, but they were no help.  Two representatives insisted that being charged sales tax on an item that has already been returned is valid. (It isn't.)  The second of those representatives said that I would have to be transferred to the sales department.  That rep, the third I've had to talk with this morning, said that there was nothing she could do about this issue in her department.  

Honestly, I'm not surprised though, as this is the kind of useless customer service that I've gotten since switching to Verizon earlier this year.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon refusing to refund sales tax for returned device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us. If the device was returned on July 2nd, it most likely isn't back in the system yet. You should automatically get a refund for the sales tax once this has happened.

*Traci

0 Likes