Verizon refusing to refund years of over-charging
Feelinglikeafool
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have eight lines in our Verizon Family Account so it was only recently that we noticed that for two whole years Verizon had been charging us for a device we don't have. It was returned unused. My bad, I know.

So, naively, I thought that if they agreed it had been returned they would refund the 24 months of charges. Well, no. They confirmed that these charges should not apply but the maximum refund they can give is two months.

What a business model! Overcharge customers and hope they don't notice. Such an honorable and legitimate way to go about treating your customers.

Check your bills with a magnifying glass, folks! Or switch to another provider.

Re: Verizon refusing to refund years of over-charging
user_2419
Enthusiast - Level 3

They make customer service as hard as possible.

I'm pretty sure they intentionally try to string people along.

The website never works, as if by design. The chat support is incapable, as if by design.

And the phone support takes hours on hold and only sometimes can resolve the problem.

The last time I called phone support they had to call a different company for support.

LOL

I recommend TMobile.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is the customer's responsibility to check their bills whenever they change something on their account. If customer service offered a month of credit for your mistake then you should have taken it, learned from your mistake, and moved on. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Feelinglikeafool. extra costs are never something that I like to see. As a single income parent, I know that every dollar is hard earned and am sorry to hear that you were paying more than anticipate. These days we are all busy and many of us use auto pay options and may not get the opportunity or take the moment to review charges. Like you, when we make an error we do own it. However, if there is an error that we are not made aware of, we cannot fix it to prevent those further charges. For this reason, we do suggest that customers review their statements each and every month and notify us when there is a discrepancy so we may resolve it. I am happy to hear that we were able to assist with a credit that you accepted, to resolve this concern.  -LorenB If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are having a hard time resolving this issue along with reaching us. We do provide monthly statements which include all charges. You can either receive a paper bill or you can view them online. If you still need assistance, we can help here. -Dolores

0 Likes
SaraB123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same, a rep was the one who pointed it out to me! A credit turned in to a ticket - now it's closed but no resolution or credit. Created the ticket in beginning of May - ticket took two weeks to be entered and now (end of may) its just closed w/o explanation. Chat reps just repeat themselves and then eventually close the chat on you. Called earlier, they transferred me, no one answered so I scheduled a call back just for their system to be down. BEYOND over it at this point. When I returned the devices a year ago all of this should've been sorted out. One chat rep told me to call in every month to get the charges credited. UNBELIEVABLE. As if their system can't be fixed. I remember the days when Verizon was top notch. Those days are over sadly. T-Mobile, here we come. 

0 Likes
SaraB123
Enthusiast - Level 1

cute but NO - if an error is found, VZ needs to fix it and do what's right.