Verizon refusing to resolve issue
jdedeaux
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, back in January my line was temporary suspended for less than an hour due to the fact that Verizon had a miscommunicated to me a date for my promise to pay. Basically I told verizon I'd pay on the first, they put in their system the 21st. Come the 25th they disconnect me, I call in they said sorry I said fine, let me just pay now on my credit card and I'll pay the card off. They apologized and said their mistake.

Come today, I go to edge up early and they say I can't due to my line being hotlined. I find out that despite them admitted to the mistake, my account was still flagged as "poor history" essentially.

I had the dates I spoke with the CSR rep and their name but they still refuse to assist. CSR is very unhelpful as is their supervisor. Financial department sided with me and even sent up a request to have it changed and that was declined as well. They wont let me speak with who is declining though.

Is my only option to file complaints with the BBB, FTC and FCC?

I've had 10 years of service and this is the first time they've done me like this.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon refusing to resolve issue
mama23dogs
Legend

None of the above...

They go by the computer, which has you unable to pay the full amount on time 5 months ago.  Suspension and late payment is all the computer has on record.  Both would effect your standing.

Of course the reps were apologetic when you called about suspended service.  They say what they need to to calm down annoyed customer.  Frankly the "I'm sorry..." routine is annoying and not genuine.

You need 6 months good payment record.  So wait till next month.

0 Likes
jdedeaux
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand where you are coming from but standing idle is for passive individuals who accept blame even when they are not wrong. Why would I do that? I plan to take every step possible to ensure the situation is rectified.

Verizon admitted the mistake. Why should i be punished. It will be July 26th before I'm eligible that's two months away. It's not right

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Don't think you get it.  You paid late.  It isn't about the suspension.  That's the immediate consequence for not paying on time.

being hotlined for 6 months is the long term consequence For paying late.

0 Likes
jdedeaux
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you ignore the part that it was set up on a promise to pay? That promise to pay was due on the 1st of Feb. The CSR put the 21st in the system so of course to them I paid late. Two financial service supervisors confirmed this but the core department won't budge.

Now I know you didn't read my post.Why did you even answer if you're not going to read it?

0 Likes
jdedeaux
Enthusiast - Level 3

A promise to pay means I promise to pay on said date and they promise not turn turn me off on that date. It's a battle of my word vs. theirs.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Why did you have to promise to pay? You only do that if you can not pay by your regular due date. Even if they had gotten the 1st of the month correct you still would have paid later than your regular due date. Thus being late makes you ineligible. This is not hard to understand. You have no case.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Read your first post.  Your "promise to pay"  aka payment arraignments were for a LATE payment.

even if they had not mucked up your agreement, you were paying LATE.

How many other ways can I word it?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

jdedeaux wrote:

A promise to pay means I promise to pay on said date and they promise not turn turn me off on that date. It's a battle of my word vs. theirs.

Since they don't dispute your word, so what?  

0 Likes
jdedeaux
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. Have you read the terms of service? A promise to pay extends regular service activity to a further date without negative repercussions, Verizon states "a promise to pay guarantees no service interruptions or features downgraded or removed pending payment is made on or before extended date" .I can link you to the documentation. It's essentially an extension of your due date. For example,if you get a payment extension on your mortgage from the 15th to the 30th your lender will may not  forclose on you on the 16th as your due date was extended to the 30th, for that time only.

No where does Verizon state a promise to pay removes your eligibility for edge upgrades.

A late payment only hotlines your account when the payment is late enough to result in service interruption. My payment was NOT late per the agreement I had with Verizon, it was late due to a system typo by a CSR. A financial services supervisor confirmed this. How many ways can I word that

I'll respond with what my results are of this uphill battle in the near future. In the mean time this thread needs to die off. I feel like I'm attracting pseudo admins/employees.

0 Likes