Verizon's caller id database is wrong - getting no help from Verizon
please_fix_this
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our business phone line is through Comcast.    When we call a phone number from our business line, it doesn't matter if the recipient is on AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Comcast, or any other carrier, the caller id shows as our business line.

-- However --

If we call a Verizon cell phone (ours included), it shows an old caller id record -- the record is of the person who previously owned the phone number three years ago.

I called Verizon on December 1st.  Spent 20 minutes explaining the problem to someone who was completely unqualified to take a call nor understand my issue.  I asked to speak to a supervisor - she refused.  She then said she fixed my problem.   However, she didn't.   I got an email survey on her help.  I gave her "1's" across the board and explained how incompetent this person was.  I then got a call from a Verizon supervisor the next day that had saw my review.  She said she would fix my problem and then call me back.   

THE SUPERVISOR NEVER FIXED MY PROBLEM AND NEVER CALLED ME BACK!

This is absolutely horrible customer service.  How do I get in contact with someone at Verizon that will update their caller id database records???  AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Comcast, and all other carriers show the correct caller ID (our business name).   Verizon does not.

I've only been a Verizon customer a month and it's absolutely horrible customer service.  Please help me.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon's caller id database is wrong  - getting no help from Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to call you at the time you've asked! Please reply to the private message I've sent you so that we can arrange that call.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

please_fix_this,

I can absolutely understand your concerns with all of this. This is most definitely not the way that we want your first month to be with us. We are here to help in any way that we can. I am going to send you a private message. That way I can gain access to the account. Thanks!

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's caller id database is wrong - getting no help from Verizon
please_fix_this
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please call me Thursday morning, December 18th, from 7:30 am to 10:00 am Pacific time if possible.   Or send me an email as soon as you can.    Thank you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to call you at the time you've asked! Please reply to the private message I've sent you so that we can arrange that call.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
please_fix_this
Enthusiast - Level 2

My verizon cell phone number is (removed)

>> Personal information/e-mail reply/headers removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
please_fix_this
Enthusiast - Level 2

We've decided to no longer pursue this issue.   Comcast is letting us cancel the phone number.

>> Personal information/e-mail reply/headers removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well seeing how it's not a Verizon issue.....but oh well.

0 Likes
please_fix_this
Enthusiast - Level 2

pherson.... you're an idiot.

Perhaps you should read the original complaint.     If AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Qwest, and Comcast all show the correct caller ID and Verizon does not.... well, that means IT IS A VERIZON ISSUE.

I find your response very poor... you're showing the poor customer service attitude that others at Verizon have displayed.

Can I recommend that you take a course on how caller id works?   And please learn  how to treat Verizon customers with respect.

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

armorforrent

I have a client.   They do not use Verizon but your CNAM DB I believe is wrong.   Caller ID comes up as XXX.   It should be Abacus and Company.   XXX   is the business phone number.  Please fix.

Ted

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes