Verizon should add a data rollover program-
Siewert98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think that Verizon should start a data rollover plan. Any data you don't use rolls over to the next months data cycle, Just like T-Mobile and AT&T.

If you have a opinion on this please comment below!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon should add a data rollover program-
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

This is good in theory, but if you really look at it, it's not as good as they make it sound. For instance if you pay for 10GB of data, use 8GB, you then have 12GB the next month; excellent right? Lets say you use 8GB again, you don't have 14GB the next month, but another 12GB because you first use your rollover data and it's only good for 1 month.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rollover data is fine. Verizon should cap the rollover data not based on month lifecycle (because data is either used that very moment or disappears forever, in a capacity standpoint), but based upon a maximum bucket of data. For example, 10GB data plan receives a 6-10GB maximum bucket. All unused data for all cycles contributes to that data until the bucket is full, and then no longer accumulates.

Of course... that means a loss of revenue Smiley Happy.

Z3ke23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly. Loss of revenue....alot of revwnue. I know that when my plan comes up for renewal next year, I'm gonna go somewhere else that offers a better value.

0 Likes
Not applicable

rollover makes no sense. Is your data stashed in the tower for later use? Oh wait it doesn't work that way. My electric company charges on rate for under 1000 kW and a higher rate for use after 1000 kW. So using your logic if I only use 800 kW one month the next month I should be able to use 1200 kW before getting charged the higher rate. Except it doesn't work that way.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you on the More Everything plan? I'd make sure you're really getting a better value before you pack it up. There is a benefit to not being on contract with the More Everything 6+GB of data plan. With the rates At&T and T-mobile charge it could put you at even or less $ and with better service. Or at least spare you from having to ask around about who has service on which carrier wherever you may travel.

0 Likes