Verizon slowing speeds to force spending?
Callen609
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else feel that maybe this sudden influx of data issues everyone is experiencing, is Verizon slowing us down more than normal so we’ll upgrade our (so-called) “Unlimited Plan”? If it was just me, I’d understand. But this seems to be a bigger problem that Verizon won’t address. I’ve been over my “22 Gb” many times over the past few months and I have NEVER had my phone slow to the crawl it is now. It’s so slow that even the “Ookla” speedtester they asked me to download can’t connect to even check the speed! I’ve been in touch with Verizon and all they want to do is troubleshoot my phone (which I had been doing with them til I saw numerous others having the same issue suddenly).

it just feels like something’s going on that they’re not telling us about. I’ve been with Verizon for over 10 years and this could be what sends me shopping for other carriers. What’s the point in an unlimited plan if I have to buy the “most unlimited” plan to actually enjoy it?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon slowing speeds to force spending?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our valued customer's data speed concerns are our concerns too. As a long-time and valued customer, we would certainly regret losing you and rest assured we'll do everything we can to resolve this matter for you. We've noted your reference to having exceeded 22GB of data many times over the past few months and not having experienced data speed issues until recently. We've also noted your reference to having contacted our representatives regarding the issues you're experiencing with data speed slowness. When an urgent matter like this is brought to our attention, we will initiate troubleshooting steps to get to the bottom of the issue at hand. We certainly want your service to work correctly at all times. Our troubleshooting steps are initiated to determine if the issue is with our network, the device, or with both. On the new Verizon Plan Unlimited, you get our fast 4G LTE speeds. To ensure a quality experience for all customers, after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers during network congestion. This means your data connection could slow down. We'd really like to provide you with the troubleshooting assistance needed to address and resolve your data speed concerns by reaching out to our representatives at your convenience. This would allow our team to thoroughly investigate this matter for you. Is this something you’re interested in considering?  -  RobertC_VZW

0 Likes