Verizon support is a nightmare
Valektris

I  have had a nightmare of a time trying to get an upgrade done for a line on my account. First there was an issue with the secure payment, and then with the second order I had to spend days contacting support to find out the device was lost.

The phone was declared lost by Verizon on 3/22. I was told that I should be able to place a new order for an upgrade today. Tried today, it wouldn't work due to pending order. I contacted support who then told me that the cancellation process had not been started for the order that was, again, lost by Verizon. When I asked why the order wasn't cancelled when it was discovered lost, I was told that an order needed to be filed with order support to have the line cancelled.

If that's the case, Verizon support out right lied to me when they said I could do the upgrade today. I have never had a worse experience trying to get help with anything than I have with all of this.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon support is a nightmare
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn about the troubles that you are having with trying to get a phone ordered, Valektris. We do want to make this process as easy as possible for our customers. Have you been able to get the new order in for the device? Are you still getting the error that you have a pending order? 

-Kevin

0 Likes
Re: Verizon support is a nightmare
Valektris

I didn't end up ordering it as an upgrade on the current line. I went with the suggestion of creating a new line to order the phone and then cancelling the old line which I still have to do. This really wasn't an acceptable solution, as the discounts I got were substantially less than I would have through the upgrade. And even though it showed a promotion for $1000 off the phone with a new line, I did not get that discount. And I ordered the phone for curbside pickup, because I do not trust Verizon shipping for anything anymore, and I didn't want to extend this nightmare any further. But I still had to go into the store to get my order because no one ever came out to my vehicle. 

Beginning to end this process has be awful. To the extent that when I decided to get a Galaxy watch, I bought one from Best Buy because I could not stomach trying to fight with Verizon over another order.

And I still have to get the old line cancelled. 

0 Likes