Re: Verizon tower upgrade policy
mhubbell42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Aloha Admin,

The issue has gone through multiple custumer service people, technical people and engineering people. (see above)All of whom tried to help but that all stopped after engineer said it was a low signal strength issue and someone above said it was a 4g phone. Both "answers" are not true. (See above)

Because everyone that tried to help quits after a bit I believe it is just a Verizon policy that has to be followed and no one will just say that. I read that Verizon is not allowing new or in my case a replacement phones to connect to the CDMA system. That would be great if there was a LTE tower in the area.(see above).

So I still cannot connect while my family and neighbors can.

Mike

0 Likes
mhubbell42
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW,

Because of this issue I am trying to use my old phone on another carrier to see if I can get a signal. After spending an hour plus on the phone to Verizon I was disconnected. I was trying to get a code from Verizon to use the phone on another carrier. Verizon states their policy is to unlock phones automatically after 60 days or so depending on the plan. At first I was told my phone was unlocked aleady since it was more than two years old. However my phone will not go past a screen asking for a code from Verizon to use the phone on another carrier. Then they gave me generic codes that didn't work. Then transfer to tech 2. then asked to reset phone completely. Still no luck. Then transfer to Prepaid where they said yes your phone is lock and we can't give you the code. I asked why and got disconnected. I must now be on the equivalent of Verizon's no fly list.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mhubbell42, thank you so much for reaching out to us. We want to be able to review the specifics. I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply back to that message. KevinR_VZW 

0 Likes
eRe: Verizon tower upgrade policy
mhubbell42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry but I have had way to many people try to help. All the info is on my record now. After almost 20 hours on the phone with Verizon and Motorola, I am through. If you all really want to help, go through my records, fix the problems and THEN call ME.

Sincerely

Mike Hubbell

0 Likes
Re: eVerizon tower upgrade policy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mhubbell42,

We know your time is valuable, and we want to assist you as much as we can. Please reply to the Private Note we sent you, as we are not able to access your account without going through the authentication process. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes