Verizon towers?? Or they don't exist??
VikBurn

I hope to hear from someone from Verizon..

I live in Phillips, Wisconsin.  My Verizon prepaid phone works fine here.. but when I travel to Wausau, Wisconsin (80 miles away).. my phone will not work.  I can't make or receive calls or texts.  However my data works.  But what good is a phone if I can't make calls?  This is not just my phone, but my niece's prepaid Verizon TracFone, my other niece's prepaid Verizon Walmart service phone as well.  This is not just Wausau!!  In fact, I cannot use this phone all the way across highway 29 toward Green Bay!!  It will work in Green Bay.. but not north of Green Bay in Door County.  I spent a week last summer unable to make or receive calls when I went on vacation.  C'mon Verizon!!  You can do better than this!!  After all, I pay plenty every month TO MAKE PHONE CALLS!!  AT&T is looking better all the time!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon towers?? Or they don't exist??
Weth
Legend

That area shows large area of prepaid voice and text roaming, but native Verizon LTE. Verizon likely doesn't have the rights to the CDMA frequencies in that area.  Postpaid would likely work.  Does prepay support advanced calling?   That would work. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The area you mention sounds very close to the area affected by the Alltel-Verizon merger.  It was a Alltel leased license area that was returned to the original owner creating a regional carrier "Element Mobile".  I seem to remember there might have been another sale to another carrier since that time, but I don't remember the specifics.  For you it means that Verizon doesn't have access to the CDMA and 3G EDVO frequencies in that area unless they pay to lease that area or make a roaming agreement.  There is likely a roaming agreement, but it is for postpaid accounts at this time.

2016-11-27a.PNG

2016-11-27b.PNG

2016-11-27.PNG

Cellular Maps.com-Alltel areas being sold to Verizon,ATN and AT&T

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VikBurn, thank you for your loyalty, I can understand your concern regarding having service when you travel, and do not want to lose your business. We can open up an investigation of the area for you. Because this is public form for our post-pay consumers, we do not have any access to Prepay accounts. We recommend that you call our Prepay team at 888-294-6804 for assistance. I know that once you speak with them, they will be able to look into this for you.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes