Re: Verizon trade in program
Operasam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Submitted, via USPS, MY two perfect working order, perfect condition iphone 4s's on Oct. 23 under separate, Verizon supplied, pre-paid envelopes. Despite not being permitted by USPS to utilize delivery confirmation, insurance, or get a receipt, I proceeded to take the leap of faith and mail the phones in. Two weeks later I received the first rebate gift card for $200. The status of the second iphone 4s is still listed, after more than 7 weeks, as "not received". Numerous calls (with most waiting times exceeding 30 minutes) to CS have yielded robotic by-the-manual responses of "you'll have to wait a bit longer" (Verizon - you advertised a 4-6 week turnaround). The so called escalation dept. also regurgitated the same auto, and cut & paste, response. No one will look into the specifics of the problem nor am I permitted to speak with anyone at the warehouse in Bloomington, IN where I mailed the phones. Why can't Verizon simply say "received" or "order processing". "Not received" reaks of deception and a lack of transparency as does the fact that I could not insure or delivery confirm the mailing of a valuable phone that belonged to me. Nor was I allowed to perform this process with a live Verizon employee at a store where no misunderstandings on the condition of the phone, or potential damage from USPS handling, could occur. What gives Verizon? Can you honestly look at the postings here and still proudly and sincerely spout off about how committed you are to customer service and how important your customers are?

porto35
Enthusiast - Level 1

SIJDKG We surely don't want to end 14 years of business with you. Phones are thoroughly inspected and the $200 is an estimate. We understand your feelings about the trade in and apologize for the inconvenience

Aside from the trade in, how has Verizon Wireless been working for you, overall?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter

@VZWSupport

You already had the answers LOL

0 Likes
DATDUDE

Who do I contact to get my solution resolved??? Verizon stated they can't locate my returned device but blamed it on the post office. Post office stated it was scanned and sent off a month ago. Customers get screwed over until you have to contact the BBB. So I guess I will also to get my scenario resolved. I tried to be patient but get switched to different departments and getting hung up on several times I am done with.

0 Likes
SIJDKG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called customer service several times, each time they would refer back to the rebate phone line, the first time I asked about my phone, they said it was scratched and damaged which was BS, then the second time they changed their mind and said the SIM tray was missing. They cannot even keep their lies straight. They did give me another $99 towards the $200 it was accessed at, but after all the promises and issues dealing with customer support and the rebate number we are done. as each of our 3 phones come to end of contract, we will be switching to another provider. Would have done it straight away but they want $750 in early termination fees. Never had any company treat me as a long term customer with such disdain........

0 Likes
Tabbysluck

We've been waiting since September and still haven't received an email about our gift cards. We sent in two iphone 5's. I've contacted them numerous times and all I get is the run around. I've been very patient, 4 months!!!!! Want my money!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tabbysluck, we appreciate your patience, but apologize for this delay. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to check the status of your gift card disbursement. Did you have a chance to speak with a representative from our Trade in team at (877) 835-2024? Additionally, you also have the ability to e-mail them as well here: http://vz.to/1cbRAbP

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tabbysluck

Yes, a dozen times at least. I'm told I'll get an email about my gift cards once the phones have been scanned in. I've been told twice they sent an email to the warehouse for an update. I didn't get a response to either. I was told all the phones went into a huge pile and that since our were some of the first sent that's why they haven't been processed further. I've spoke with managers and get the same information. Someone needs to follow up.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
CASergio

Yep. It is a total scam. I had the same issue: perfectly good iPhone 5 with a quote of $200, but only got $36 because they "couldn't turn it on", even though I could before sending it in. It's their excuse to try to rip people off, then they give you the run around hoping you will eventually give up. I had moved over from Sprint to take advantage of this deal, but now I'm just waiting for my contract to expire so I can ditch Verizon. I'd leave sooner, but don't want to pay extra to a shady company to break my contract.

-Sergio

0 Likes