Verizon verification scam
MLMayfield
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received 10 phone calls from (800) 922-0298  in one hour's time! I was busy, so ignored it until they left a message saying "We are calling you from the verification department of Verizon Wireless. Your account is suspended by verification. Press one to activate your account. Press two to speak with a customer service representative." After I checked to make sure my phone was working OK, I blocked that number. They even tried to call after I had blocked the number!

Re: Verizon verification scam
mburns_08109

I am receiving the same types of calls TODAY.

Same source phone number, too.

Can't Verizon block these butth0les!!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Though we do block billions of spam calls & messages each year, we know that some still get through, and we want to offer as many ways as possible to prevent them. Are you already using our free Call Filter service, mburns_08109? If not, you can learn about it here: https://vz.to/2G7Hot5 EricW_VZW

0 Likes
tallacher

I've been getting calls today with the same message but from the phone number +1 888-911-4405.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand how concerning it can be to receive a repeated amount of unwanted calls like these, tallacher. I have received my fair share of calls like these as well and we do want to help with gaining more control of these calls attempting to reach you. Below is a link you can click on which covers our Call Filter app. Our Call Filter app allows your device to detect and filter Spam calls. Are you currently using our Call Filter app? http://spr.ly/6607GOwtZ BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
wldriscoll3

can you confirm that verizon would not call us in this way to tell us our accounts have been suspended?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wldriscoll3, thanks for reaching out. Verizon Wireless would not call in this form. You can always make sure to manage your wireless account with My Verizon. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Verizon verification false call?
vznuser_2099

sorry for posting to such an old thread, but I just got this same call, but it was from my own cell number.....no way to block as it comes through as me....not going to block myself!

0 Likes