Verizon will you please do something to solve this problem?
trvlr

Recently moved to a location in Arizona where I plan to spend the next six months.  Checked Verizon's coverage map and saw that 4g lte was fully available in the area.  I have since learned that is not the case, and it is somewhat of a joke amongst the residents here that Verizon service is barely existent and has been for years, with no help from Verizon to resolve the issue in spite of numerous customer complaints. I am now very disappointed in my choice to move to this area due to the apparent lack of coverage.

To be fair, there is SOME coverage.  Usually 1 bar of 1x service.  Occasionally one bar of 3g will show up, but things don't improve.  Phone calls are lost or conversation is difficult.  Absolutely no data coverage.  Occasionally no service at all.The only functional feature is text messaging with no attachments.

If I want coverage, I can walk or drive about 300 yards or less, and magically full 4g lte is available.  From what I understand from others, because we are in a "bowl", there is no coverage.

Can a repeater or some other solution be found?  The interstate is within a stones throw and coverage is available there.  I find it hard to believe there is no answer to the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon will you please do something to solve this problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, trvlr! I completely understand the need of reliable service at all times. In review of the coverage in Littlefield, AZ, it appears that this area has marginal coverage in certain areas. Other areas appear as a No Service coverage area. You may view this coverage by going to vzw.com/map . We recommend the Network Extender as this may enhance indoor coverage.

Go to vzw.com/networkextender for more information.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trvlr,

We prefer our customers to always have coverage anywhere they move to! Sounds like it may be specific to that location as good signal returns a "stone's throw" away. There is a device that you can use to help with signal in your home. Take a look at our network extender: http://vz.to/QedFmD . We want to have a clear picture of your what your signal expectations should be. What is your new zipcode?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
trvlr

Thank you for responding. More details for you.

I (and approx. 400 other winter residents) are officially in zip code 86432, Littlefield AZ,  whose post office is 15 miles away.  But, we are only 2-300 yards from zip code 89024, Mesquite NV., who consistently has an LTE signal.  Also, as mentioned earlier, I am literally a stones throw to the interstate and reception on the interstate is LTE.  But in this community, the only signal usually available is one bar of 1x.  Occasionally, one bar of 3g, but it provides no improvement.  Texting is okay without any attachments, phone calls are dropped or broken up, and internet is essentially non existent. I am told signal boosters are ineffective.

This is frustrating since I am forced to use the community's unsecure wifi instead of my Verizon Mifi.

Supposedly many residents here have complained to Verizon over the years about the situation but apparently Verizon won't address the issue.

I realize there are dead spots out there but they should be visible on the map. According to the map, I should have full phone and data coverage. Had I known I would have neither unless I drive or walk a quarter mile, I would have relocated elsewhere.

Hopefully this helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, trvlr! I completely understand the need of reliable service at all times. In review of the coverage in Littlefield, AZ, it appears that this area has marginal coverage in certain areas. Other areas appear as a No Service coverage area. You may view this coverage by going to vzw.com/map . We recommend the Network Extender as this may enhance indoor coverage.

Go to vzw.com/networkextender for more information.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes