Verizon wirelss seems to have more drop areas and less coverage in the Spokane area. Why is that?
poorverizoncellcovera

I have been a Verizon wireless customer for many years.  This last year or so I have found more and more light coverage areas and have had more dropped calls than in the previous five.  I have had to consider moving to another carrier.  Does anyone know of why Verizon coverage has become worse and are others experiencing the same thing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon wirelss seems to have more drop areas and less coverage in the Spokane area.  Why is that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You should always get excellent service poorverizoncellcoverage! I'm sad to learn you're considering going to another provider. Where exactly are you located? (zip code) Are you noticing specific areas, times of day, etc.?  Have we done any troubleshooting? Please elaborate so we can better understand.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Verizon wirelss seems to have more drop areas and less coverage in the Spokane area. Why is that?
poorverizoncellcovera

I wish it were that easy. Your system obviously gets weaker in the

evening. I'm not sure if that is because of increased traffic or some

kind of draw down on Verizons part. The problem with trouble shooting is

there are so many areas that have difficulty holding a call. We live in

the 99223 zip code. South of 57th. We ended up purchasing some type of

cell signal ampliphier from the local Verizon store. But the problem isn't

isolated to just our home. It is around the south part of Spokane as well

as spots heading North to Newport and then also enroute West to Yakima,

Tricities and Seattle

I just think Verizon needs to do a better job covering

K.C.

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Re: Verizon wirelss seems to have more drop areas and less coverage in the Spokane area. Why is that?
poorverizoncellcovera

Question We purchased the Samsun/Verizon booster last year to try and

help with this problem. It has been very little help if any. We still get

drops in our home. I see today that what they sold me is a 3G booster. Do

they have a 4G booster?

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Re: Verizon wirelss seems to have more drop areas and less coverage in the Spokane area.  Why is that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for filling us in on a few more details! There are definitely many factors that can contribute to changes in service. Builging materials, terrain, number of customers trying to use the phone nearby, even signal boosters can all have a different effect on your coverage in an area. The Network Extender http://vz.to/IHRT6h is intended to help with both voice and 3G data inside of a home and there is not a 4G LTE version (calls are not placed over LTE services in most cases). 

If the purchase of a Network Extender hasn't helped inside your home, we do need to take a few troubleshooting steps to see why. When you place a call, do you hear the short tones before the call connects indicating you're connected to the Network Extender? What type of home internet connection do you have? What model router is the extender connected through?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
poorverizoncellcovera

I do hear the tones.(as a side note, when I am on the cell phone at my

house, and drive away, I lose the call in the exact same spot each time)

I use the brand new Xfinity phone/wireless modem. It was just put in and

doesn't seem to make a difference.

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks Poorverizoncellcoverage!

Do you know the speed fo your home internet services? Have you tried moving the location of the Network Extender in your home to see if the coverage improves? Where exactly in your home does the signal drop each time?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us@vzwsupport

0 Likes