Re: Verizonwireless are Liars
rcschnoor
Legend

lnfinlty1 wrote:

Down Payment is "An initial payment made when something is bought on credit."

"no money down" or "no money out of pocket at the store?"

This statement has the same result.  I GIVE NO MONEY TO THE CASHIER.

Down Payment = no money out of pocket

It's the same thing. 

You simply misunderstood what was meant by "down payment".

On the Device Payment Plan page, it specifically states that a "Down payment can be made to reduce the installment amount" Nowhere does it state that a down payment MUST be made.

However, on the same page, it also states "First payment, including $2 finance charge, due at time of purchase. Your next payment will appear on your next Verizon Wireless bill."

Obviously, you and Verizon are using different definitions of the term "down payment", that is all. Good luck with your new provider.Smiley Happy

Keep in mind, all of the other providers use the same definition for "down payment" that Verizon does. When they state "no down payment" on their new payment plans, you WILL have out of pocket costs when you pick up the phone. So make sure you bring your dictionary.

0 Likes
lnfinlty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did not research this due to the conversation with the telephone REP.  It doesn't matter what the website states, what matters is what I was told.  And if we're going off of what the website states,

"Down payment can be made to reduce the installment amount" Nowhere does it state that a down payment MUST be made.

This statement is contradictory to

"First payment, including $2 finance charge, due at time of purchase. Your next payment will appear on your next Verizon Wireless bill."

Nowhere does it state that a down payment MUST be made.

Again, the definition stands, Down Payment = Initial payment.  "First payment...due at time of purchase" = Down Payment by definition. 

aasd

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

See, that is the misunderstanding. You and Verizon are using different definitions of the term "down payment".Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lnfinlty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

And that isn't my definition that I created, unlike Verizon. 

So now I can say that Verizon has its own dictionary, as well as hiring and training liars. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It seems you have your own dictionary for some words, too.

0 Likes
jones454
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHY IS EVERYONE TAKING UP FOR VERIZON??!!! LET A CUSTOMER COMPLAIN, DAMN!!!

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Because the OP misinterpreted "no down payment" due to mean "no first payment" due.  And is irrationally ranting.  And will not accept the explanations of the difference between what he assumed to be the case and what really is the case.

If the OP truly wants assistance, then there is assistance (and explanations) to be found.

However, this seems to just be a rant. 

Not applicable

Ok, how 'bout this.

A tv commercial sells a "left handed flammerstam" for $10. Then in the very next breath;

BUT WAIT!   Order right now and well send you a 2nd "Left handed flammerstan"

absolutely  FREE!

Just pay shipping and handling.

OK, which is it, FREE, or do I have to pay "shipping and handling"?

Is this just a misunderstanding, or are they lying to me, or is there a 3rd possibility?

As Arthur said in the movie by the same name, :Isn't fun the best thing to have?"

jones454
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the OP is just ranting, then so what! Let em rant! Why do you care?

lnfinlty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

ttipgem wrote:

(1) Because the OP misinterpreted "no down payment" due to mean "no first payment" due. 
(2) And is irrationally ranting. 
(3) And will not accept the explanations of the difference between what he assumed to be the case and what really is the case.

(4) If the OP truly wants assistance, then there is assistance (and explanations) to be found.

(5) However, this seems to just be a rant. 

(1) If someone told you that their apple was red, you expect it to be red.  There was no "misinterpretation."  I was told FALSE information.

(2) Nothing irrational about being lied to.
(3) I didn't ASSUME anything.  When you're on the phone with a company, and they tell you their apple is red, it better be red or you'll be claimed a LIAR.
(4) The only explanation to be found, was to:

a) Pay the "first payment" of $88 (which was NOT what they told me over the phone)
          b) Buy the tablet out right.

**What should have happened, was the $88 "first payment" (which is not a down payment some how) should have been placed on my next bill.

(5) This rant is documentation of how Verizon lied to me.  I have learned from this forum of other deceitful offenses Verizon has made to its customers.

0 Likes