Very frustrated with Verizon bureaucratic nonsense. I feel like I'm speaking with Vogons.
natashamae

Wow super irritated with Verizon's big company nonsense causing unnecessary customer problems. Had to get a new phone due to having my current one stop working through no fault of my own, conveniently past the manufacturer warranty date, went online to buy the phone and had an upgrade transferred from another line since mine was not eligible yet... shop showed there was an offer for a free iphone 5c so clicked on it and went through the shopping checkout process (which was another hassle and wound up taking an hour due to horrible website design...) only to find out that the phone did not end up being free... Call customer service to find out that the offer was only valid on the line that I had the upgrade transferred from... no indication of that whatsoever on their website and no link to fine print on the offer. Apparently I'm supposed to be psychic and just know all the information that they give the customer service reps. They would not just credit the money back to the account... instead I have to return the phone, wait 48-72 hours for it to register in the system, go online and buy the phone again except under the line that had the offer... and then transfer it to my number. Same end result, same phone, but I have to spend 3 or 4 days without a phone and spend all this time just acquiring it? I'm sorry, but if they really wanted to be the superior phone company they claim to be they would just credit $100 back to the account so that I don't have to get upset and deal with all this hassle. Not to mention it costs them money to ship the phone overnight to me.. all because they "can't change it in the system" and because they don't indicate what makes the offer void on their website. We've had an account with Verizon for MANY MANY years and this is the help we get. Absolutely nothing at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very frustrated with Verizon bureaucratic nonsense. I feel like I'm speaking with Vogons.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThe offer is clearly listed. Instead you did not read it. And besides you would have skipped all of this if you had of bought the extended warranty that you declined in the first place on the original phone.

0 Likes
Re: Very frustrated with Verizon bureaucratic nonsense. I feel like I'm speaking with Vogons.
natashamae

No, actually, it is not clearly listed. It is not listed at all. There is nothing to read.verizon iphone offer.png

This is what the home screen for the account for MY phone number which is NOT the line that the offer is for (apparently) and it is not further explained after it is clicked on.

As for the extended warranty, I was only offered the very expensive option which would cover me breaking the phone by dropping it on the ground, dropping it in water, having it stolen etc. I take very good care of my phones and did not feel I needed any more protection than the manufacturer warranty gave me. Even if I had broken the screen it would have been cheaper for me to replace it myself than to pay for a warranty every month. In any case, my phone has stopped working for no reason that I can discern and would have been covered under manufacturer warranty had it happened a couple of months ago. I believe it is a software problem but my phone will not stay on long enough for me to fix the problem. So new phone it is. pherson

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Personal comments/attacking removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
natashamae

Telling me that I'm wrong with no explanation.. Glad you think it is reasonable to return a phone in order to order the same one again after waiting 2 or 3 days for it to get into the system.

Personal comments/attacking removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I Did explain. You just didn't like that it was to the point. And besides I carry the insurance and warranty.  So no I will never experience that. Besides on the website it says offer for line ending in such and such.

0 Likes
natashamae

It does not say that, I even provided you with a screen shot.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThat screenshot is when you first log in on the main line. End of story.

0 Likes
natashamae

Yes? I said that it was. End of story what exactly... You do not have access to my account so I have no idea why you think it states that it is for a specific phone number. I can assure you that there is no further information upon clicking the links.

0 Likes