Very very slow hotspot speed
Mageli
Enthusiast - Level 1

My family is on the Verizon Go Unlimited plan and the hotspot speed is unusably slow.  I don't use the hotspot at all so I know I have not surpased any set limit though I'm not sure how to check that.  This issue is a recent issue within the last 6months or so becuase the last time i used the hotspot it was fine.  The speed using speedtest.net is .48Mbps up and 0.0 down connecting to a Verizon server in Columbus, OH from my location in Tiffin, OH.

I tested using my daughters phone (Iphone 10 on same plan) on the same computer with the same slow result.  I then tested both phones on her computer and had the same rediculously slow speeds.  

Has something changed on my plan in the past six months.  I need a usable hotspot connection for work.  Basically, what I had previously I mean I didnt' ask for anythign to be changed and I'm certainly not paying any less than was.

Please help me.

0 Likes
Re: Very very slow hotspot speed
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Go Unlimited Plan is and always was restricted to a maximum of 600 kbps speeds for the mobile hotspot feature. 

If you got faster speeds at some point in the past, count yourself lucky. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look into your Hotspot concern. Here are the details of the Go Unlimited Plan :

We certainly want you to have the best plan to fit your needs. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. 

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
zb419

I moved from Columbus to Tiffin Oh.  I work in downtown Tiffin. After 8am when the downtown workday picks up I’ll have two service LTE bars, and nothing will load. Can’t even send out a text message, stream music or load an w mail. I’ve tried restarting my phone- updating my phone, changing the cellular and data settings. And it’s not just me, it’s everyone one I work with who has Verizon. It also doesn’t matter if I’m outside or in the building. It’s 2022, in a city with two colleges. This should be happening for $90+ a month for a single line. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and thanks for reaching out to us with this matter.  As a consumer myself, I can understand your frustration with slow data speeds.  You mentioned this happens when the workday picks up.  During times of congestion your data speed may be deprioritized to 600Kbps.  Once the congestion lessens or you move to an non congested tower, your data speed will revert to 4G.   Please let us know if this information helps. 

*Lisa

0 Likes