Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visual Voice Mail for One Plus 8 5g UW Does Not work
raywashburn

Sorry if I put this question in the wrong group...

My One Plus phone does not have the voicemail app. I have to click on phone in the blue circle icon to make a call and then on the next screen at the bottom there is a choice for voicemail. I do not get visual voicemail and I do not get any notification if i get a voicemail? 

Anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voice Mail for One Plus 8 5g UW Does Not work
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Unlocked models don't have access to Verizon Wireless exclusive features like Visual Voicemail. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
raywashburn

This is a Verizon phone. Not one brought over or unlocked. 

???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

raywashburn, we always want you to be able to access your voicemail & know when you have a new voicemail. Allow us to help. Did you purchase this phone directly from Verizon Wireless or is this an unlocked version of the phone you purchased from someone else? Did you ever have the voicemail icon on this phone? Do you have the most updated software on your phone? -Alicia

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@raywashburn wrote:

This is a Verizon phone. Not one brought over or unlocked. 

???

If that is the case, I wonder if the phone uses the same dialer application as the Google Pixel phones. For the Pixel phones, the visual voicemail feature is incorporated into the dialer application and you have turn it on in the settings. What I don't know is if you need to be subscribed to the Basic Non-visual Voicemail feature on your Verizon line or if you need the Basic Visual Voicemail feature instead. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes