Visual Voicemail Will Not Connect
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I realize this forum is not a direct connect to tech support but I've called three times and was hung up on twice.

I had voicemail basic and accessed it using the pre-installed voicemail app.  I switched to visual voicemail a few weeks ago and was told my current voicemails would auto-download, however, all I am getting for visual voicemail now is:  "Sorry, we are having trouble connecting...call us at..."

I can dial in using the  *86 but voicemails I had previously thought I had deleted are still coming up; these are voicemails I had saved to internal storage on my phone and then deleted.  Voicemail app indicates I have room for 20 messages but people are indicating they are getting "mailbox full."

Anyone have any ideas?  Calling in to support seems to be useless.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail Will Not Connect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please see your private messages for you reply.-Bobby Johnson

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

10/22/2022:  update.  I spent a total of 13 hours with tech support both from home and in store using an employee's phone.  I was without voicemail completely for roughly 2.5 months.  After speaking with tech support for 6 hrs in one sitting, I couldn't even call in to voicemail.  I went into a store 5 weeks ago and after another 90 mins I managed to get back the call in option but I still don't have the "visual" part of the visual voicemail.  The tech I spoke with while at the store generated a ticket to the engineers but 5 weeks later and there has been no changes; still have no visual capability.  Even the tech was surprised at the issues and said the engineers would probably have to completely rebuild my voicemail capability.

I am also now having intermittent issues in receiving text messages, specifically secondary authentication messages, and speaking with those having issues have indicated Verizon has been increasingly incompatible; they aren't having issues with other carriers.  Not sure if this relates to a Verizon firewall/security setting as again, it is intermittent.

Admittedly I am just about done despite having been with Verizon for over 20 years.  It is only the thought of the hassle of changing carriers that has kept me from doing so.  I just don't have the time to keep wasting time with tech support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sending a Private Note, tk3765

-David

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

As a final update on this issue.  After a total of 31 hours with tech support I was effectively told they couldn't fix the issue, had no idea what caused the issue and that I could either live with the problem or get a new phone.  Unfortunately, since I did buy the phone through Samsung directly Verizon wouuld not replace it.

I bought the S23, again directly from Samsung due to the extra $100 back on the trade-in and the ability to pay in full without losing the trade-in credit, and  just switched the SIM card.  Verizon did try to charge me a $40 upgrade fee, which normally wouldn't be an issue, but, due to the fiasco with the voicemail and the time with tech support, I argued it with them and they removed the charge.

The visual voicemail feature does work as normal again, so, whatever the  Verizon system did that caused the voicemail  to stop working properly actually affected the phone itself and wasn't a profile/account problem.

0 Likes