Voice quality declining
krahe

Has anyone else noticed a general decline in voice quality over Verizon recently? I have had the same device (iPhone XR) and just in the last few months or maybe even weeks I've noticed a marked decline in voice quality. Back a few years ago when we switched from the old voice/call technology to VoLTE, it came with a significant increase in voice quality. Now, however, I feel that voice quality is even worse than it was before VoLTE came along. Nothing else in where and how I use my phone has changed, nor has anything like signal strength or call reliability, which might suggest a change in the towers available in my area. It is simply voice quality that has declined.

0 Likes
Re: Voice quality declining
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It saddens us to hear about the quality of your calls lately, krahe. That is definitely not what we want for our customers. You are in the right place for help. We sent you a private note to continue working with you there. 

-George

0 Likes
Re: Voice quality declining
krahe

Actually, I have an update. I asked my wife, who has an iPhone 8, if she has noticed any difference in call quality recently, and she said she hasn't. I then let her use my iPhone XR and called her from her iPhone 8. The iPhone 8 sounded great to me, but she said the voice quality on the XR sounded awful to her, too. So apparently the problem is with my phone. I am mystified as to how the voice quality on my phone could suddenly decline so much, though, and only when using it in the normal mode. When I have it on speakerphone or take a hands-free call in my vehicle, I hear the other party just fine. The only significant thing that has happened to it was about a month ago I dropped it on a hard floor in an airport. It landed flat on its face, but my case kept the screen from contacting the ground, so there was no visible damage. I'm wondering, however, if the impact might have knocked something loose internally.

0 Likes