Voicemail - How to Access from Virgin Islands?
csaly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm working in the US Virgin Islands, St Croix, and am unable to access my voicemail.

When I dial *86, I get a message from the local services - Welcome to VIYA!, the number you have called is not in service."
When I try calling my own phone number, I only get a busy signal.
When I call Verizon Help *611, I get the VIYA! message again.

What other ways might I be able to access my voicemail while working here on the island?

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail - How to Access from Virgin Islands?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you are enjoying the change of scenery. You may also access your Voicemail by calling your own number. When your message starts, hit # and it will take you to your menu. MatthewG_VZW

0 Likes
csaly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Calling my own number results in a busy signal. Sorry for delay in responding, thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apprecaite you taking the time to troubleshoot. When dialing your own number did you have a 1 in front of the 10-digit number? What model is your phone? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
csaly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried calling my own number using a 1 in the front and without a 1, and both times a busy signal.

I am using Samsung Galaxy 7.

I've been told that there are no Verizon towers in St. Croix US Virgin Islands, and this might be why I'm having trouble. I can say that there are no Verizon stores in which I could go get help.

However, I do receive texts and phone calls. I just am unable to access my voicemail now, which I never had an issue on the mainland.

0 Likes