Voicemail delay
Shanewilliamsco
Enthusiast - Level 1

The voicemails on my wife’s phone never show up in her voicemail app on a timely basis. This is NOT an isolated occurrence and is a well known issue with some Verizon lines. Other than rebooting the phone, resetting network services, and changing the greeting, are there any other steps to troubleshoot?

Re: Voicemail delay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Shanewilliamsco,

I depend on my voicemail every day and would be concerned too if I were having any issues in it. We are here to help! How long is it taking for a voicemail notification to show up on her phone? What is the make and model of the device? Do all messages eventually show up in the notifications? Or are some missed?

-Christopher

0 Likes
DrDawn

I have the same problem. I received a call at 9am yesterday that I did not answer. The caller left a voicemail - which didn't show up until 5pm that day. This is on an iPhone 12 running iOS 15.4.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting voicemail on time is critical, DrDawn. It is concerning to hear this did not happen with the unanswered call you mentioned. Let's get some more details, so we can work on the solution together. Was yesterday the first time this happened to you? How often do you power your phone down fully for about five minutes, and then power it back on? 

-George

0 Likes
BTA55944
Enthusiast - Level 1

It appears most of the voice mail delays are directed for iPhones, but my wife and I are having delay issues too, and we have Samsung phones. I received 3 voice mails today that were from the first to the third of October (at least 10 days old). I really don't think this is a phone issue, rather a Verizon issue. I think we first noticed the delay issue with the last update we got (mine was on September 11, but it sounds like this has been an issue for a lot longer that that!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, BTA55944! Thank you so much for contacting Verizon, I´m sorry you are having a hard time with your devices.

As my goal is to make you feel comfortable, you can trust that I am going to do my best to provide you with the help you deserve and I will be more than happy to assist you today.

Your loyalty means the world to us, please send me private message and allow me the opportunity to give you the best customer service experience.

>Pia

0 Likes
scs2ndA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am an android user.  I had a #Motorola  previously and voice mails were delayed.  I appeared to have some other issues with it and thought it was just the phone.  I just traded it in and got a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and sure enough I currently have a voice mail stuck somewhere, because a customer told me they left a message.  As a business owner I cannot afford to have missed voicemails.   I have tried rebooting and all the other things mentioned except calling the *86 as I can't remember my phone PW for this since I haven't used for years....

I see now that this issue has been going on for years.  Is this just a Verizon issue should I switch to another service provider?  I can't imagine it is all these phone manufacturers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry for the issues you're having issues with your voicemail. We have been experiencing issues with voicemails lately, and we apologize for this whole ordeal. Have you tried dialing 1+ the last four numbers of your phone number for your voicemail password when you dial *86? 

~Ivone

0 Likes
scs2ndA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes - It says this number is not valid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wanted to make sure to address your concerns regarding your voicemail. Let us know if you still need assistance. ~Peter

0 Likes