VzW vs Verizon as carrier name
john_c1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm hoping someone can help me. We switched from AT&T about a week ago and have 3 iPhone 8 pluses. All have WiFi calling enabled. My wife's shows VzW as the carrier but mine and my daughter's doesn't. Both connected to WiFi. Same plan and all. What's the difference and why the difference.

Labels (1)
Re: VzW vs Verizon as carrier name
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHNCLE51, we appreciate you reaching out to us to address these concerns. We want to thank you for joining our VZW family and hope that everything is going well with your phones and services thus far. Personally, I have an iPhone 8 Plus as well and I’ve definitely noticed this change too. There’s certainly nothing to be alarmed by this difference. VZW does stand for Verizon Wireless so you’re still connected to our network. Have you or any of your family members been experiencing any issues with using your devices while the “VZW” or “Verizon” is displayed?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's not going to show VZW if you a e connected to wi-fi. Also wi-fi calling enabled doesn't mean you arr using wi-fi calling. unless phones are somehow different, with androids you basically have to have zero signal or have the phone in airplane mode for it to work.

0 Likes
kdhabib

We just switched to Verizon & my phone and my daughter’s randomly switch between “Verizon” and “VZW” snd we have little or no signal when on “VZW” and have to reboot our phones to get back to “Verizon”. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kdhabib, welcome to the Verizon family. We're sorry to hear that you and your daughter are experiencing some signal fluctuation concerns. Help is here. Can you please provide the primary zip code? Did you purchase new devices or bring your own?

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes